Smoked Bourbon Baked Beans

I stumbled across this recipe on another forum, I've made them several times and they are a crowed pleaser. When I made them for the guys at work, one of them dared the others to touch them as he stood menacingly over them with a fork.

• 6 strips of thick cut hickory smoked bacon fried then cubed or chunked
    2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
    1 green bell pepper, coarsley chopped
    1 jalapeño, or more or less to your taste, coarsley chopped Seeding is optional
    1 can (53 ounces) plain pork and beans
    1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans
    1 can great northern beans
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup Kentucky Bourbon or Tennessee whiskey
    4 tablespoons molasses
    2 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons dry mustard
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Let them smoke uncovered for over 3hrs at 230 (I took them to 175 to get the thickness I like) using your smoking wood of choice.
31914-3.JPG31914-4.JPG

Mike,
I'm gonna try this recipe in my Masterbuilt smoker one day this week. I like beans of all kinds if they are prepared right. You get the protein and flavor without all the fat, not that I always shy away from fat, but I should. What whiskey do you recommend?

Mike,
I'm gonna try this recipe in my Masterbuilt smoker one day this week. I like beans of all kinds if they are prepared right. You get the protein and flavor without all the fat, not that I always shy away from fat, but I should. What whiskey do you recommend?

Any bourbon or whiskey that you enjoy drinking will do the job. The last time I made these beans for a co-workers little get together, they went fast.

I too am going to try these out.. Man they sound really tasty... thnx for the recipe...!! I personally feel that Crown Black Label will prob work quite well in this case.

I would like to suggest, instead of a can of plain pork & beans that you use a can of Joan of Arc spicy chili beans. :pepper:

duh, while ya got the smoker going, why not just smokem both... :pepper:

:Agree: When I do a run of pork butt for pulled pork I always run 2. I vacuum seal and freeze the left overs. Thaw it out, put it in a pan with a little apple juice and its like you just made it.

I can hardly afford to put food on the table and he won't even share his GREAT cooking with me.:D:D

Wow that's sad M2! Maybe we can shame M3 into doing the right thing and cooking up pops a big batch of those tasty beans. What would you like to go with those beans? :D

Wow that's sad M2! Maybe we can shame M3 into doing the right thing and cooking up pops a big batch of those tasty beans. What would you like to go with those beans? :D

Giving him beans to eat would be a mean thing to do to my mom:laugh:.

Hey Mike... I can barely afford to feed myself too...! Maybe you can smoke up a batch of those and ship 'em to me via UPS in a cooler with dry ice. Free shipping for me of course since I can barely get enough to eat. I will send you my address. Thank you.!! You are a great friend to help me out..!!! .

Hey Mike... I can barely afford to feed myself too...! Maybe you can smoke up a batch of those and ship 'em to me via UPS in a cooler with dry ice. Free shipping for me of course since I can barely get enough to eat. I will send you my address. Thank you.!! You are a great friend to help me out..!!! .

That President you voted in sure has folks walking around hungry:Angel:.

Back