Smoky Mountains

ISP-FL

600+ Posts
Since the end of March we have rode all over the gulf coast from Miramar Beach to New Orleans. Found some nice roads up in SW Alabama to ride also. Spent a little over a week in western Tennessee and had some nice rides, including Natchez Trace and others. Got to experience the Rattlesnake Saloon!

Been in Pigeon Forge for about a week and had to dodge some rain but have gotten in most of the rides we wanted except the dragon. Now we are just looking for a fairly dry day to head down there.

For you boys that live in this general area, you are LUCKY!

Yes we are.

After riding that area you will probably be disappointed in the dragon. I'ts way over hyped. Look out for the sport bikes.

Having said that, you must ride it since your in the area.

Don't forget the Cherohala skyway.

Yes we are.

After riding that area you will probably be disappointed in the dragon. I'ts way over hyped. Look out for the sport bikes.

Having said that, you must ride it since your in the area.

Don't forget the Cherohala skyway.

Yesterday we took the Foothills Parkway down to the Dragon. We did from MM-11 to MM-1 and then stopped at the store. Heck, if we would have know about the Cherohala Skyway we would have just ran over and done that. Came back through Cherokee and back up to Pigeon Forge.

I agree that the Dragon is over hyped. I guess if you drove in from out of state and just did that ride and left this part of the country you may be really impressed. But after riding all over the Smokey Mountains it was okay but not the greatest ride I have been on. Only broke the back tires free on one curve so we didn't hit it too hard. They had some rain overnight and yesterday morning the shaded parts of the road were still damp. Glad we did it though.

As I sit here this morning I can't decide what has been better riding, the Black Hills or these Smokey Mountains. Guess next year we will have to head back to SD and try to decide.

Back