sportster with reverse

Is there such a thing?????? Seems I have seen a kit to convert a bike to trike with a reverse gear sort of a starter gear for a reverse, seems i saw it in Missouri, but cant find it now. Any body aware of such a company. I know the sportster is light, and most dont need a reverse, but now with the wifes accident, she could certainly benefit from it.

I converted my Sportster to a trike using the Roadsmith HDSS kit. It has electric reverse.

Many companies offer an electronic reverse that is independant of the transmission on the bike. On the other hand, a sporty is very light weight, and would be about the easiest species to not have a reverse on. ThumbUp :Trike1:

I was always thankful for the reverse on my Sportster Roadsmith Trike. It weighted about 1100-1200 lbs. and it was sure nothing I could push anywhere.

I was always thankful for the reverse on my Sportster Roadsmith Trike. It weighted about 1100-1200 lbs. and it was sure nothing I could push anywhere.

Dayum-that is a very weighty conversion. Sportsters weigh between 550-590 lbs depending on the model without the conversion. If your trike really does weigh that much-you need a reverse in it, absolutely! :wave4: ThumbUp

That electric reverse must weigh 200 pounds or more. :AGGHH: :AGGHH:

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 2008 with Frankenstein trike conversion. Can a reverse be put on the older Harley's?

Reverse Gear is available for Big Twins with a stock 5 or 6 speed transmission. If you have a Retro-6 speed, or an aftermarket transmission, reverse gear is not available.
You could always modify one though !! :AGGHH:

Reverse for Sportster

I can push my Sportster trike, but it weighs about 600 lbs. For a 71 year old grandma, reverse would be a nice option. I enjoy riding and working on my Harley.

Eurowing has a sportster kit with a parking brake and reverse located in the rear differential. go to eurowingusa.

Back