Stallion Headlight cover.

I have installed one of Bill's headlight covers and I like it, I have not driven it yet with the cover but it should make cleaning a lot easier.
I followed Bill's instructions and made 2 little changes. I sent an email to Bill explaining what I did. over all it is an easy install.
once I opened the hood and took the light assy loose from the plastic I left the hood up and loosened the screws holding the light assy on to the plastic piece.

these covers are ONLY for the ABS plastic bodies, the fiberglass is all one piece and therefor the plastic piece that holds the lights in is part of the hood.

During the summer after I noticed the headlights don’t just attract bugs but they cook and shred them. Cleaning the headlights was getting old.

I made a headlight cover out of Plexiglas just to see if I could and how it fit. The flat Plexiglas needs to be heated and curved slightly to fit. I’m sure the Plexiglas will eventually break (big bugs). I will make another one from Lexan with the template I made later. The hardest part was taking the headlight housing apart and putting it back together without breaking any of the posts.

1. Disconnect the wiring from the Headlights and the wire tie holding the wiring harness so it is out of the way.
2. Remove the three snap rings that adjust the headlights and the headlights will come off and you will not loose your headlight setting.
3. Carefully remove the screws holding the headlight housing to the hood.
4. I cut out the back of a cereal box and used it to create a template for the headlight cover.
5. The headlight cover will fit in a notch between the headlight housing and the hood.
6. transfer the cereal box template to the Lexan and cut it out. You can choose the weapon your most comfortable with for this task.
7. Use a propane torch to carefully heat the headlight cover and bend it to fit the headlight housing. I would heat it until my hand got warm and bend it by hand from the outside edges. After about 6 or 7 heating and fittings I got the cover to fit the way I wanted it.
8. I used some plastic windshield polish to polish up the headlight cover and masking tape to hold it in place while it put everything back together.
9. Be very careful to start the screws straight. Put it back together like you going to torque it down. Start all the screws and tighten them up a little at a time until it fits snug. Do not over tighten.
10. Remove masking tape.

Easy to take apart. 1 cold beverage to make and fit the cover. 4 cold beverages to put it back together.

thought about making a few more / if not one ? and how much? Doc7402@aol.com

During the summer after I noticed the headlights don’t just attract bugs but they cook and shred them. Cleaning the headlights was getting old.

I made a headlight cover out of Plexiglas just to see if I could and how it fit. The flat Plexiglas needs to be heated and curved slightly to fit. I’m sure the Plexiglas will eventually break (big bugs). I will make another one from Lexan with the template I made later. The hardest part was taking the headlight housing apart and putting it back together without breaking any of the posts.

1. Disconnect the wiring from the Headlights and the wire tie holding the wiring harness so it is out of the way.

2. Remove the three snap rings that adjust the headlights and the headlights will come off and you will not loose your headlight setting.

3. Carefully remove the screws holding the headlight housing to the hood.

4. I cut out the back of a cereal box and used it to create a template for the headlight cover.

5. The headlight cover will fit in a notch between the headlight housing and the hood.

6. transfer the cereal box template to the Lexan and cut it out. You can choose the weapon your most comfortable with for this task.

7. Use a propane torch to carefully heat the headlight cover and bend it to fit the headlight housing. I would heat it until my hand got warm and bend it by hand from the outside edges. After about 6 or 7 heating and fittings I got the cover to fit the way I wanted it.

8. I used some plastic windshield polish to polish up the headlight cover and masking tape to hold it in place while it put everything back together.

9. Be very careful to start the screws straight. Put it back together like you going to torque it down. Start all the screws and tighten them up a little at a time until it fits snug. Do not over tighten.

10. Remove masking tape.

Easy to take apart. 1 cold beverage to make and fit the cover. 4 cold beverages to put it back together.

still like to have one made !!!!!

Hello Unwired,

I used 1/8 Plexiglas, because I has some. I would use 1/8 Lexan in the future.

Mattel... I was going for the invisible look. This is for the ABS bodies. I do not know if it can be adapted for the fiberglass bodies.

Cutting the cover out and shaping it only takes about 30 minutes. Taking the headlight assembly out took less than 30 minutes. Putting it back together took about 4 hrs. I put in a few screws and snugged them up but, the lens would not stay tight. I found out that some of the screws missed the hole, the threads were actually holding against the sides of the tab. I used a mirror and a led light mounted between my eyes to check the location of the screw holes so I wouldn't miss them. It is amazing how nice it fits when you hit the hole. Once you get it started you can start tightening them up. The lens should fit in the grove between the outer shell of the headlight assembly and not move.

i would buy one Doc 813-469-9921

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png