Stallion Owner - Mikey

Mikey broke a bone in his right hand, so driving is out....for 5 more weeks! Looks like I will have do the driving. I took my first drive today (around the neighborhood) with our new helmets! It's a different feeling, being in the driver's seat. Have to get used to the braking with the left foot, it was kind of awkward. :eek:
Natalie (Wifey)
IMG_0406.jpg

Oh Dear........poor Mikey! Hope he mends quickly!! At least they got that cast of his to match the Stallion nicely :eek: It almost looks like an "accessory".

ss/wendy

Mikey the next time Natlie tell’s you to quit sampling the food don’t do it when she is in striking distance. Next time she might have a butcher knife in her hand instead of the rolling pen. OUCH!

SS, yeah, it does look like an accessory! I didn't think of that before LOL :) Mikey had a fight with a tree limb he was cutting down.....it finally gave way and bounced up between his legs........the broken hand is the least of his problems! :EEK:
BenO, I got out of line one too many times. You would think I would know her limit by now!
JuJu, the helmets ARE Nolan 42E (not sure what the E is for). We got them on line from Wingstuff.com.
Natalie

YIKES!! Poor Mikey......so he has a cast and a sling of sorts?? OUCH!! ;) Sure hope he heals quickly and is back in the saddle soon! Natalie now don't let these guys pick on you or you'll have to refuse to chauffeur Mikey around! :)

ss

The stallion was "boarded" at TMS in Daytona for about 3 weeks getting (parts and) adjustments made by Russel (with 1 L) and Libby. We are happy it is "back home" and you can be sure what we will be doing tomorrow (yeah....riding :D:D) We sure missed "Big Yellow"!!! ...... Mikey
IMG_0461.jpg

I want to drive one. None around here. They are booked up early at Americade even tho they bring 10 of them . :eek:

Hey Ted, I'm completely healed!! Thanks for asking, :) We repositioned the passenger A/C vents so that they would blow on the passenger (Natalie is happy about that). Replace the LED's for the volt and air compressor because when it rained it would short out, although it came back on after it dried out. A new cruise cancellation switch was installed. It was hard to see at night, so the headlights were replaced with the new style.

The front hub and bearing assembly was replaced because of the noise when the brakes were applied. Today we went to the muffler shop and they replaced the resonator with a muffler! I did the battery modification in the trunk! Other than that, all is good. :)

Mikey

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Hi John, yes, Natalie has her m/c license. She used to have her own m/c but is happy now be a passenger in the "Queen's Seat", yeah......behind the KING! LOL
Mikey

Hi Mikey,

Did the factory install the replacement headlights for you or Russel? What did it cost you? They really looked like they were better than the orginals do you concur? I re-aligned MJ's and it helped some. I also make sure MJ drives with the driving lights on all the time that also helps.

Her volt/pressure read out works okay most of the time. We only had it go scrambled once because of rain water and yes it went back normal when dried out. I do not trusts it's accuracy most of the time because the pressure reading changes with the voltage reading. At 14.1 volts the pressure will read 50 then step on the brakes and turn on the high beams the volts go down to 12.8 (which is normal) and the pressure reading drops to 30 something. Turn it all off and it returns to a normal reading.

That just doesn't make sense to me. The voltage drop should not effect the other gauges reading. MJ has not had any front noise issues except for pad drag when backing up.

Are you going to Everglades Seafood Festival or Leesburg this year? We are going to be at both. Saturday at Everglades and the whole 3 days for Leesburg.

Ted

Here is a picture of the headlights, front and back, and the muffler that replaced the resonator. Russel replaced the headlights and we had the muffler put on at a local muffler shop!

Mikey

IMG_0493.jpg

stallion002.jpg

stallion001-1.jpg

Mikey, that's a H-9 bulb in the headlights. That's what I have.

My name is Dennis, I'm from Molino, FL. I have received a brochure from Thoroughbred Motor Trikes several months ago as I have an interest in changing rides when I am done working over here in Afghanistan. So far I've been focusing mainly on either the Triumph Rocket III Tourer or the new Gold Wing if it debuts in the first 3-4 months of 2011. But I may also be changing out cars as well (may have a 2008 Mustang GT/California Special paid off in a few more months).

I am somewhat interested in the Stallion as either a replacement motorcycle type of travel or a car replacement. I thought my wife may be able to get a MC license and possibly enjoy the Stallion as well.

I have read (just joined today) that there have been a few small problems that some on here have experienced. I thought this could be serviced at any Ford dealer but saw a lot of calling the original selling dealer to get fixes and such. Is the warranty for the 3 years or 36,000 miles handled by Ford (or is it just for the engine / transmission / rear drivetrain) or by the selling dealer or other Stallion dealer you may have near you, or is it a combination of both?

I'm looking forward to test driving one in August when I am home on R&R. The nearest dealer to me is the Motor Trikes dealership in Dothan, AL which is convenient as my brother in law and sister have just moved there and it will be a good excuse for a visit.

Thank you in advance.

Dennis

73 dtg Dubai

74 dtg Home

Hi Dennis, and welcome to TrikeTalk! By the way, THANK YOU!!!! for your service :).

You will like working with Randy at Adventure Motorsports in Dothan. Great people there!

Welcome aboard Dennis. You have all ready made contact with Randy (Bazooka). The company stands behind the Stallion 100%. My wife has had one for over 2 years and all the items have been paid for by the factory. I have had it back to the dealer I bought it from and one other dealer when I was on the road. Also have had it to a Ford dealer. TBMS has always paid for everything.

My wife loves her Stallion and has put over 20k miles on hers. Also in Florida you can get a motorcycle endorcement with a 3wheel restriction. She will have to take a safety class but they are starting to have some with trikes.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png