Sturgis 2014

I thought Mary's article was a really fun read and came out great.

I'm thinking about going to the TT Reunion in Eureka Springs. I just haven't decided yet. I've got a lot of big changes going on and don't know if I can make it.

This will be my 38th Sturgis Rally... We could set something up at Rice Honda in Rapid City an they are a trike dealer with a lots of room . I could set this up if there is enough interest an plan rides to where there is interest.
hisst

Re: Sturgis 2014 TT/TOI get-together/ride in conjunction with the T.O.U.R.

For those of you that have been following this thread and particularly, those of you that have responded, please be advised that Randy (aka: Bazooka) has charged me with and I have accepted, to organize a TT/TOI Meet/Ride event in conjunction with the T.O.U.R., Trike-Owners-United-Ride during Sturgis week (August 4th - 10th). Roadsmith Trikes, one of this forum's sponsors, has graciously organized the T.O.U.R. in appreciation for you and I, as trike owners, all makes and models. Because last year's T.O.U.R., the first of it's kind, was such a great success, Roadsmith, in conjunction with the Buffalo Chip, plans on making the T.O.U.R. an annual event during Sturgis week. So if you are planning on attending the Sturgis MC Rally, I hope that you will likewise show your appreciation to Roadsmith Trikes, by participating in the T.O.U.R.

TT/TOI Meet/Ride Event:
WHEN: Friday, August 8th (early registration 8:30 AM for those planning on having breakfast)
Normal registration at 9:30 AM, with the ride event to start at 10:00 AM sharp.
WHERE: Cheyenne Crossing http://www.cheyennecrossing.org/
RIDE EVENT: Touring the Spearfish Canyon, south to north (~20 miles) with no stops on the first leg. This should take approximately 30 - 45 minutes. Once arriving in Spearfish, a visiting tour of the D C Booth Historical Fish Hatchery is planned (~2 hours) http://dcboothfishhatchery.org/ . Admission is free, but donations are welcome. A brief stop at the local DQ (Dairy Queen) for snacks and treats (~ 45 minutes). At approximately 2:00 PM, we leave on the second leg, riding Spearfish Canyon, north to south, with a brief stop at Bridal Veil Falls for pictures, etc. We then continue our second leg, returning to Cheyenne Crossing to end the ride (time approximately 3:30 - 4:00
PM). Those who wish to stay visit, shop and/or have dinner are welcomed to do so.
REGISTRATION: For those you who are planning on participating in our first and hopefully our annual TT/TOI Meet/Ride Event,
a Consent and Release form MUST be signed by you and if applicable, your passenger, prior to the ride. I would encourage you to send me a PM, by clicking on my username and include the number in your party that will be participating AND your email address. Once you receive the Consent and Release form as an attachment, complete ALL the entries asked for and return it to me or you may deliver and present it at the time of the ride. ALSO, please let me know if you will be planning on having breakfast and the number in your party (needed for making a reservation).

I'm the guy with the red Stallion, flying a TOI flag. Look for me at the T.O.U.R. as well. Randy, Marge and I are looking forward to seeing you there! Ride Safe!

Daydreamer

5494_SpearfishCyn_map_original.jpg l.jpg 1959876_646881165347542_1175995886_n.jpg Spearfish1_small.jpg download.jpg

5BuckLunch_Final_11_4.jpgl (1).jpg

Great post, Pmar6004! We are thrilled to have the TT/TOI folks joining the Trike Owners United Ride this year and can guarantee everyone an enjoyable afternoon and evening! You can guarantee yourself a spot by pre-registering... click here. Everything is free, but the shared camaraderie of like-minded trike riders for the day will be priceless! Please join us;)

Great post, Pmar6004! We are thrilled to have the TT/TOI folks joining the Trike Owners United Ride this year and can guarantee everyone an enjoyable afternoon and evening! You can guarantee yourself a spot by pre-registering... click here. Everything is free, but the shared camaraderie of like-minded trike riders for the day will be priceless! Please join us;)

Thank you for your comments... Glad to have participated in last year's TO.U.R. and looking forward with much anticipation and excitement to being involved again in this year's T.O.U.R. A special thank you for being one of our sponsors. Your support is sincerely appreciated.

Best Regards,
Paul Marquardt
aka: Daydreamer

Might add that Cheyenne Crossing has the best carrot cake you'll ever eat. Every year we run Spearfish Canyon both up and down being sure to make a stop for carrot cake. Yummmmm !

o~\o

Paul, it looks like you have a great ride planned, hope everything goes well & everyone has a good time. If I'm lucky I hope to make your ride, but if not I hope we can still meet up during the rally.

Paul, it looks like you have a great ride planned, hope everything goes well & everyone has a good time. If I'm lucky I hope to make your ride, but if not I hope we can still meet up during the rally.

Thanks Tom... Hope that we have a good showing at both the T.O.U.R. and our TT/TOI event. I sure hope you can attend as well. Looking forward to meeting you and others. :pepper::pepper::pepper:

​Daydreamer

Hi everyone! Thanks for the great comments and support for our second annual T.O.U.R. event in conjunction with our friends at the Buffalo Chip. And we'd like to offer a special thanks to Paul Marquardt/Daydreamer for helping to organize the troops! We are very excited to have all of the TrikeTalk.com and Trike Owners International folks joining us this year and can promise you an unforgettable afternoon and evening of fun, friendship, food and fraternization! Trikes will rule the day in Hill City and at the legendary Buffalo Chip on Wednesday, August 6th and we look forward to sharing this epic event with all of you. Please remember to register as early as you can by clicking HERE. There will be a limit to the number of participants we can take, but there is still space available at this time. See you in Hill City!!

Paul, how is everything for Sturgis going, still good I bet. :pepper::D:clapping:

Hey Tom,

It's a bit too early to tell, but I'm confident that we'll have a good turn out for the TT/TOI Meet/Ride event. As the event gets a bit closer to its arrival date, I will post again and try (again) to get participation numbers from those that will be going to Sturgis. Ideally, I wanted to hold the event one day earlier, or on Thursday, the day after the T.O.U.R., but as a vet, I wanted to attend the Freedom Celebration/Ride, in support of the veterans and active military personnel, that's being put on by the Buffalo Chip: http://www.buffalochip.com/EVENTS/Signature-Events/Freedom-Celebration-Ride I'm sure that a number of our TT/TOI members that will be going to Sturgis, are vets and would like to attend this event as well. So I picked Friday, the 8th of August as the day of our TT/TOI Meet/Ride event. Unfortunately this may be the day some members are getting ready to return home.

Daydreamer

I would love to go but as yet haven't found anyone else making
the journey from here. Am living next to Fort Lauderdale Fl. Most
i speak with are talking about shipping out bikes but i don't trailer
at all. Am still on the lookout for a bigger engine trike as the one
i have now is an 800cc but for over the road would be good to
find one with a bit more horsepower. Just bought a 900cc Vulcan
two wheeler but after triking am just having a hard time getting
into the two wheeling experience again. hmmmmmm drat.

BigO,

I hope that you find others to ride with on the first leg or two of the trip to Sturgis. Don't be discouraged, as Sturgis is the world's largest motorcycle rally. You surely will find others,
even fellow trikers, who wouldn't mind that you to ride along with them, while in route. I'll be leaving on the 3rd, a Sunday. Even though it's the final leg to Sturgis, I'd enjoy having your company.

Daydreamer

I'll be riding 2002 Goldwing. Only had it about a month. I seen some camping site had tents for rent. Camping is about all I can afford. Looking forward to the ride. Let me know what's going on.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, are you still planning to do Sturgis? Do you have a hit the road date and a route planned?
Let me know, I don't have a date set in stone, maybe we can meet on the way up.

- - - Updated - - -

Big0, I'm riding up to Sturgis with my TG & Mini Mate Camper, but I'm starting from just west of St. Louis. I don't know if you have a route planned, but if our start date & routes are close maybe we can meet on the road up and maybe meet up with Jerry, see above post.
Let me know what you are thinking, start date & route.

Big0, I just looked at the google map and saw that your almost off the end of the map :D, I can see why your looking for a riding partner. I hope you can find someone at your end & maybe we can all hook up in Missouri.

:AGGHH: As much as I hate to type this, I am not going to make this trip & rally! I have been fighting for months with many parts of my body, but it just seems to keep up its full on attack :gah: and for right now it has won!!! :mad: BUT, it will not get the overall win and after getting some repairs over the next few months I will be getting ready for my trip & rally for Sturgis 2015, the 75th rally. :pepper:

I hope that Paul & every TT/TOI member have a great time & safe Sturgis Rally next month. :clapping:

:AGGHH: As much as I hate to type this, I am not going to make this trip & rally! I have been fighting for months with many parts of my body, but it just seems to keep up its full on attack :gah: and for right now it has won!!! :mad: BUT, it will not get the overall win and after getting some repairs over the next few months I will be getting ready for my trip & rally for Sturgis 2015, the 75th rally. :pepper:

I hope that Paul & every TT/TOI member have a great time & safe Sturgis Rally next month. :clapping:

Tom,

Sorry that you will be unable to attend Sturgis and the many activities that are planned. I'll look forward to Sturgis next year and to seeing you there as well as many of our TT/TOI members, as it will be their 75th anniversary. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care my friend...
ThumbUp

Regards,
Daydreamer

Back