Tail light removal

I just noticed that there is a tail light not working on my gl1800 Hannigan. I took a quick look and guess I don't know how to remove the lense so I can check the bulb. Can any of you other Hannigan owners clue me in?
Thanks

That's a 1-piece assembly. Remove the bulb from the rear of the assembly.
If you need assistance, call Hannigan Monday morning at 270-753-4256 ext 225 (Jim Gooch) or ext 224.
They will be more than happy to walk you through it I'm sure.

One of my tail lights went out, and we discovered the wire connection had simply come unplugged from the tail light unit. I was able to reach between the wheel and the fender and plug it back in -- although I will tell you it took my small hands rather than Mike's to do that! I found the wire was sagging a bit, so took some silicone and squirted a generous "blob" onto the fiberglass and pressed the wire up into that to remove the sag. It has held securely and has not unplugged again. Jim Gooch (at Hannigan) checked it for me when I stopped by there and approved my fix. So you might look for an unplugged wire before you remove the entire light assembly!

Thanks for your input folks. I found three nuts inside the fender which when removed allowed the assembly to come out. It was a burned out bulb.

Being that these tail lights on most conversions are a bit difficult to access, has anyone thought of replacing the stock bulbs with LED's? With their supposed longevity it would seem like a logical upgrade. Thoughts?

Back