Tank lift kit

Quick question for those who have the 1.5 inch lift. Is there enough room to aim the deflectors more towards the rear cylinder? Thanks.

Quick question for those who have the 1.5 inch lift. Is there enough room to aim the deflectors more towards the rear cylinder? Thanks.

I'm running the 1.5" on mine and I think I have my Cooling Deflector Wings in the sweet spot. They catch a good amount of air that does two things-

1. Stops it from going over the top of the tank

2. Redirects it over the cylinders and heads.

They mount on the bottom of the tank lift, so the height of the tank lift is not very relevant...unless you wanted them to be more horizontal...but putting them more horizontal than pictured in the video below at the 4:50 mark, will not catch as much air, and possibly have the tips running into the lower fairing.

The front cylinder is always going to get more air, but having them catch as much air as possible will push more past the front and over the rear.

Check out the 4:50 mark in the video to see what they look like with the 1.5".

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Last edited:
I don't know if they were redesigned after this video was made but mine sweep up on the end.

Sounds like you ordered the Cooling Deflector Wings for No Tank Lift. They are a different design than the ones made to work with a Tank Lift.

These are for use with a Tank Lift-

deflectorwings1.jpg

These are for use with No Tank Lift-

cdw_2_wheel.jpg

Kevin

In the video it looks like the deflector has the ear with the mounting hole bent in one direction and the tip of the deflector is bent in the opposite direction. In the photo of the two models of deflector the mounting ear and the tip are both bent in the same direction. Or am I not seeing the video correctly.

In the video it looks like the deflector has the ear with the mounting hole bent in one direction and the tip of the deflector is bent in the opposite direction. In the photo of the two models of deflector the mounting ear and the tip are both bent in the same direction. Or am I not seeing the video correctly.

The CDW in the video is the same as the top one pictured above, made for use with a Tank Lift. No changes made.

The piece with the hole for mounting is pointed down, as is the tip of the wing. (well, down and forward)

Just went and found one of the Patent Drawings.

USD0828252-20180911-D00002.png

Here's another one-

USD0828252-20180911-D00000.png

Kevin

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin, I guess what threw me was in the video I could see the mounting bolt for the tank so I thought that the wing was mounted with the mounting tab pointing up not down.

Thanks for post I didnt know you could do this . Guess I have parts to order and work to do:D:D:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

What happens if you add the tank lift but don't change the CDW's to the tank lift design.
I can't think it would be anything bad, it would be better than nothing. Email Kevin and ask him certainly worth looking at. :Shrug: ride safe Fred

tank lift

If I use a tank lift kit will I be able to change all of spark plugs without taking off the tank each time?

I have a 2017 Triglide - M8 engine

If I use a tank lift kit will I be able to change all of spark plugs without taking off the tank each time?

Simple answer, NO

The first problem is getting the 2 RS plug wires off with out ruining them. You will still be hard pressed to get the plug wire tool in there. The second problem will be coming up with the right combination of socket, extension and ratchet so you do not gouge the rocker box. Now you may ask how I know this. When I rode my 17 M8 Freewheeler home I heard a ticking noise. When I found the noise coming from the RS spark plugs I jumped in and found both plugs were loose. I have turned wrenches ALL my life and I got lucky with the correct tools, that said it is NOT difficult to pull the tank to change the plugs. Your out come may vary;)

Simple answer, NO

The first problem is getting the 2 RS plug wires off with out ruining them. You will still be hard pressed to get the plug wire tool in there. The second problem will be coming up with the right combination of socket, extension and ratchet so you do not gouge the rocker box. Now you may ask how I know this. When I rode my 17 M8 Freewheeler home I heard a ticking noise. When I found the noise coming from the RS spark plugs I jumped in and found both plugs were loose. I have turned wrenches ALL my life and I got lucky with the correct tools, that said it is NOT difficult to pull the tank to change the plugs. Your out come may vary;)

Rmithchell55 and Jack are both right.

My experience has been- With the 1.5" Tank Lift you'll be able to get to both fronts and the left rear easily. The right rear, even with the Deluxe option, you will have to lift the rear of the tank a bit to get to that plug. But that is easy enough, just loosen two bolts.

Kevin

Back