Texas Hill Country Ride Today

paws

Just Killing Time...
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2011
Kerrville, TX U.S.A
WHAT a GREAT ride we had today!!! It was chilly at first but we had heated gear.

It turned into a fabulous day in the Texas Hill Country. Bright clear sky with glorious sunshine and no wind to speak of!

We had SH337 - one of the Sisters - ALL to ourselves. Nobody in the way and nobody pushing us. Felt like a smooth, consistent ski slalom.

Topped it off with a way-too-big burger at the Bent Rim in Leaky... we were the only motorcyclists there for a bit... they finally began to trickle in as we were leaving... guess it was too cold for most of them to get out early.

We'll be going out again - somewhere - here in the Hill Country - on Monday for the traditional January-1 ride.

A black Indian Chief trike will be in the lead and a red & black Spyder RTL right in line.

Maybe we'll see some of you locals out there! There's at least 2 or 3 of you being awfully quiet!!

Catch ya next year!!!!!:buzz:

WHAT a GREAT ride we had today!!! It was chilly at first but we had heated gear.

It turned into a fabulous day in the Texas Hill Country. Bright clear sky with glorious sunshine and no wind to speak of!

We had SH337 - one of the Sisters - ALL to ourselves. Nobody in the way and nobody pushing us. Felt like a smooth, consistent ski slalom.

Topped it off with a way-too-big burger at the Bent Rim in Leaky... we were the only motorcyclists there for a bit... they finally began to trickle in as we were leaving... guess it was too cold for most of them to get out early.

We'll be going out again - somewhere - here in the Hill Country - on Monday for the traditional January-1 ride.

A black Indian Chief trike will be in the lead and a red & black Spyder RTL right in line.

Maybe we'll see some of you locals out there! There's at least 2 or 3 of you being awfully quiet!!

ThumbUp……👍

Wish I could go out with you guys. Trike is still in the shop from the accident! Hopefully, get back on 26 Jan. But I am not holding my breath. Will meet up soon. Dennis and you be safe.

About when does the Bluebonnets bloom? I thinking of heading to my daughters in Sulfur Springs, may come that way to see them and ride the sisters. Really loved riding the sisters as a trike talk gathering a few years ago. Of course eat to much great food!!

The Bluebonnets were gorgeous last year - after 2 years of very sparse viewing in this area.

We drove up to Willow City Loop on the other side of Fredericksburg to see them 4 or 5 times...seemed they just kept blooming for longer than usual.

Bloom time varies a bit but in my immediate ride area; we start watching for them from March to mid-April'sh.. heavy on the 'ish.

The local weather peeps like to give out reports they receive from people so I listen to that or just jump out and do a ride.. that never gets old here.

I have read that fall rains will make or break them. Last year we had a wettish/cold time in November and turned out beautiful flowers this past spring.

This fall we have had a pretty fair amount of rain, after a very harsh drought-dry summer, so am expecting a fair show of flowers, I hope.

We like to make that flower run during the week as EVERY-body else is out there on the weekends and the flower roads get very congested...to the point that you are stopped quite a bit on the Willow City Loop road and you can't progress or regress :mad:.

Dallas area and east of there as well as south of Dallas down along I-35 through Austin'sh have had a LOT of rain this fall. The flowers usually put on quite a big show over that way.

The Buchanan Dam and Inks Lake area are good shows usually... depending on the fall rains.

Glad you're getting some good rides in, Karla. We are leaving for TX next week and will be at Sky Line, Feb 15 - Mar 15. Hoping to ride with you guys. Missed you last year.

Jan & John

Glad you're getting some good rides in, Karla. We are leaving for TX next week and will be at Sky Line, Feb 15 - Mar 15. Hoping to ride with you guys. Missed you last year.

Jan & John

ALLRIGHTY!!! Sounds like a plan! Safe travels to you two!

The Bluebonnets were gorgeous last year - after 2 years of very sparse viewing in this area.

We drove up to Willow City Loop on the other side of Fredericksburg to see them 4 or 5 times...seemed they just kept blooming for longer than usual.

Bloom time varies a bit but in my immediate ride area; we start watching for them from March to mid-April'sh.. heavy on the 'ish.

The local weather peeps like to give out reports they receive from people so I listen to that or just jump out and do a ride.. that never gets old here.

I have read that fall rains will make or break them. Last year we had a wettish/cold time in November and turned out beautiful flowers this past spring.

This fall we have had a pretty fair amount of rain, after a very harsh drought-dry summer, so am expecting a fair show of flowers, I hope.

We like to make that flower run during the week as EVERY-body else is out there on the weekends and the flower roads get very congested...to the point that you are stopped quite a bit on the Willow City Loop road and you can't progress or regress :mad:.

Dallas area and east of there as well as south of Dallas down along I-35 through Austin'sh have had a LOT of rain this fall. The flowers usually put on quite a big show over that way.

The Buchanan Dam and Inks Lake area are good shows usually... depending on the fall rains.

Thanks for the information.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyldesydedavid

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyldesydedavid
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png