Ticking noise in engine or transmission

Okay mentioning loose baffle is that not part of the end piece that can be removed on the muffler? If that's the case then I believe I'll just remove the two end pieces and check the baffes For looseness. I've never heard of this being an issue.

On a GL1800, I've not heard of a loose baffle either. But since it has been mentioned, it's always a possibility and would only take a second to eliminate as a possibility. However, baffles are inside each muffler and not are not inside the exhaust tips. The fastest way to eliminate such noise it the method I mentioned in post #6.

Also, since this is a trike forum, it's possible that the trike no longer has OEM mufflers.

Thanks for the clarification on the location of the baffles guess I could have pulled that up on my service CD disc for an exploded view wihich would have the told me that. As far as the Mufflers being OEM they are as I did this trike conversion myself and reuse the existing stock mufflers. As you mentioned in Post Number 6 I will keep that in mind if this ticking noise comes back to do that procedure to see if that eliminates the noise.

While I strongly suspect some additives are nothing more than a “witches brew” collection of chemicals that claims to clean a build up of deposits that has formed in our engine by just riding. However with all the choices on the shelves it’s unfair to say not one of these products work as advertised or could be beneficial to us without causing harm. I myself have noted on here am a fan of Techron and after listening to 2 different auto call-in shows (different cities) where the so call auto experts said the only additive they would be OK recommending would be Techron. One that gets mentioned often on forums is seafoam. My personal experience....... I bought a can. It smelled very strong of isopropyl alcohol. I checked the data sheet and sure enough it did contain isopropyl alcohol. I think it was 10-20%. At that time alcohol related problems were a common place and I didn’t want to compound my problem as alcohol attracts water, and isn’t alcohol corrosive? I still have that can of seafoam unless it has evaporated.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png