To Ape or not to Ape?

Not apes but 2+2 wide sweepers

DSC00110.JPGDSC00111.JPGsignature pic..jpgI changed my bars for Khrome werks MFG. #300517A 34.3 inches wide 2" higher 2" pull back oem 30.75 wide.
Has anyone ever put bagger ape hangers on their trike? If so, what did you go with? brand, height, spread, pullback etc.

View attachment 29101View attachment 29102View attachment 29103I changed my bars for Khrome werks MFG. #300517A 34.3 inches wide 2" higher 2" pull back oem 30.75 wide.

I purchased the Paul Yaffee 14 inch bagger bars. I first ordered the 12 inch but my mechanic after seeing them on the bike suggested I go with the 14s to push me back further. Thanks to my mechanic these are working perfectly. Much easier to steer and so much more comfortable. One of my best purchases.

I installed 11" bagger bars on my 2011 Tri- Glide. With the original bars I felt like I was bent forward and reaching down, for me the 11" bars were more comfortable. It might depend on how tall you are and what kind of reach you have.

I installed 11" bagger bars on my 2011 Tri- Glide. With the original bars I felt like I was bent forward and reaching down, for me the 11" bars were more comfortable. It might depend on how tall you are and what kind of reach you have.
hey larry
I think you are right on!!
guess that's the hard part as bars are not cheap I would like my rig to have the bars up a couple inches and back about 1"-2",,, just don't want to commit until I'm sure - the 2 up 2 back will probably be what I go to on my sidecar rig...
magoo

IMG_0387.JPG
Has anyone ever put bagger ape hangers on their trike? If so, what did you go with? brand, height, spread, pullback etc.

I put the Harley 12"batwing apes on My '15 TriGlide.Much more comfortable and a little easier steering.Specs are on Harleys website .Basically 12" rise,35" wide, 1-3/4" pullback

The dealer did it as part of the deal.They were already going to have the fairing off to do the chrome forks and the sirius Radio module, (which I paid for).I don't know how long that part took.

That's the way to do it ... I'm planning on doing mine at the 25k service ... just don't know if I can wait that long :AGGHH:

Just got back from ~250 miles and seriously considering different bars.. I'm 6'1" with longish arms, but once we got home, I could definitely feel some ache in the shoulders. Probably it's just a matter of the muscles getting used to the position, so will probably revisit the decision at the 5k mark (just at 1200 miles on it so far)..

Just got back from ~250 miles and seriously considering different bars.. I'm 6'1" with longish arms, but once we got home, I could definitely feel some ache in the shoulders. Probably it's just a matter of the muscles getting used to the position, so will probably revisit the decision at the 5k mark (just at 1200 miles on it so far)..

I noticed the shoulder ached for the first 1600 or so mies ... got used to it, but to quote Stephen King, "It's amazing what the human body can get used to." I'm still hoping to wait till the 25k service, but I might not make it.

SANY0688.jpgSANY0689.jpgSANY0690.jpgSANY0691.jpgSANY0692.jpg

These are Paul Yaffe 12" Classic Bagger Bars. I had stock bars on my 2009 Electra Glide, then had a Motor Trike installed. With the rake kit I was leaning down to reach the handle bars, the rake kit it seemed, lowered the handle bars. My back was killing me, got on the internet and started researching bagger bars.

The bagger bars come just to the top of the faring, my hands catch more bugs now but my back doesn't hurt. With my hands on the bars my hands are about chest high, very comfortable.

I hope these photos help in your decision.

Jim

2012 trike

I had the stock bars and they were to low! I bought Chubby 12.5 bars. with bars back a little my arms are straight back and I am sitting straight up and love the bars! the bars are about 2" above the fairing at where the speakers are!

Attachments

• IMG_2014.JPG
    IMG_2014.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2021.JPG
    IMG_2021.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2022.JPG
    IMG_2022.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 129
taller handlebars are what size and how tall are you??

Are there any 5'6" people out there that put Larger Handlebars on ? and what are they?? need a winter project and tire of getting sore shoulders and neck aches....:Coffee:

5'7" here, i have 16 inch apes on our wide glide and love em. I will go to 12 or 14 on the free. They are way to low. My back starts to hurt around 100 miles.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back