To clean or not to clean?

Did 11,283 mile trip to Arctic Circle. Took to car wash when we came off Haul Rd so others could see the lights. Other than that did not get cleaned. On a normal trip I clean every couple of days but on this one seems like we were always in gravel, dirt, and rain.

I'm with Trent on this. When I was teenager - waaaaay back - I use to wash and wax my car and bike weekly. Now I'm too old to do that and prefer to ride more. I'm lucky if I wash the bike twice a year. I'll hand clean and wax the frontal area - that's all.
Windshield only while on my vacation = V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N. - get it? - no work just fun. :D

I'm not going to spray and wipe before riding Just thinking of throwing a nasty bug/dirt encrusted rag in my saddlebag or trunk before riding off, sickens me. YUCK!

Rolling Thunder, what wax do you use - - - I want to buy stock in the company. You spray wax right over the bugs and dirt? :laugh:

A bug encrusted rag sickens you :gah::gah: and you will sit your a&& on a trike seat you wash twice a year :Shrug::Shrug: COME ON ,,,LOL

Just finished a 4800 mile trip and did not do any cleaning.I think next trip I will clean atleast every other nite.She sure was hard to clean when I got back.RIDE SAFE

I usually clean it a little every morning, I'm up early, and while the wife is getting ready, I'm outside drinking coffee, so I wipe the dew off of the trike. That cleans it halfway decent.

Slick Rick, what's so wrong with sitting on a seat even if it never gets washed????? There are no bugs, no dirt, no road tar, no bird droppings, nothing, so why do you think that's worse then a bug encrusted rag laying on a dew rag, pair of gloves or a energy bar thats inside the trunk??? :cxtv:

I'm not riding butt naked you know - I do wear jeans. :)

And for the record I do wipe the seat down with leather conditioner after it gets wet or every 3 months whichever come first. pepper

ThumbUp......Now I can understand not putting that rag in with the energy bar that's what zip lock bags are good for .,,,:Shrug:,,,, As far as that sweaty seat goes with all those miles and poots you got to get a little more sanitary at least use a little deodorizer once a month .:10::10:,,,:cool:

My azz doesn't sweat - I always wear LD Comfort riding shorts which prevents sweating. Greatest article of rider clothing ever devised.
The Iron Butt Association riders swear by them.

Does sitting on one of those green Christmas tree thingys count:)

GARYD. I use Mequiar's Quik Detailer. wipe & mist. Like I said in the pm I sent you. If there's a ton of bugs after an evening or late night arrival. Then its a wet soapy towel 1st. then the spray wax. with a M/ fiber towel ThumbUp

My azz doesn't sweat - I always wear LD Comfort riding shorts which prevents sweating. Greatest article of rider clothing ever devised.
The Iron Butt Association riders swear by them.

Does sitting on one of those green Christmas tree thingys count:)

Speaking as the president of the Iron Butt"s ASSosciation....my azz doesn't sweat....it glistens!

I never wash mine until I get Home from a Trip.......besides, mine are ridden so often, that I only get around to washing Them about once a month....a little "Honda Polish" cleaning about once a week, but not a "Full Wash".....ThumbUp

I just returned from my first cross country trip..4880 miles. I cleaned my bike every night and put a full sized cover on it. My brother who put a custom paint job on the bike always says a clean bike is a happy bike. Well for me bug guts on the bike draws flies and Mosquitos. I used the cleaning time to shake out the aches from a long day of riding and sorted out my gear for the next day.

To each his or her own...I like a clean bike. Ride safe.

Yes, a clean bike is nice, but while on vacation(no work - relax) why clean it when it's just going to get all dirty again in a couple hours? = waisted time in my book. I usually ride till dark anyway and get up in time to leave, so no time to clean if I even wanted to. When you ride 10K miles a year you don't have time to waist on washing.

I belong to a chapter of over 400 members and I'll bet 95% don't ride more then 1K miles a year - so they have all the time in the world to clean their bikes. :)

As Seahawkfan said - to each his own. ThumbUp

I am with Gary...30,000 miles in two years for me...The Trike does not sit and get polished and stared at,,,It gets ridden..I have tried the cleaning thing while on road trips and does not work for me either, except for the windshield and headlight. Havin' too much fun to fiddle with chores!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png