Trailer for a Tri Glide

I use a enclosed 6X12 to haul my Triglide. I wouldn't go any smaller because it is a tight fit width wise. I put 1/2 inch foam pipe insulation on the ramp cables when loading/unloading as there is only bout 1 inch clearance on each side.

I haul mine in a 24' enclosed trailer and i can add my smart car or my friends trike so he doesn't have to double tow

i added a camera so i can see if anything gets loose

I haul mine in a 24' enclosed trailer and i can add my smart car or my friends trike so he doesn't have to double tow

i added a camera so i can see if anything gets loose

I think if I did an enclosed ... I'd do a camera system ... great idea. Had it in my toy hauler ... was nice to check on the bike ... was a two wheeler then.

The Alumna TK1 has a 3500# axle and a 2900# load limit according to the sales brochure that I have in my hand. My TK-1 is supposed to be here in a couple of weeks.

I've had two Aluma motorcycle trailers in the past. The first one I used for my Ultra. The last one was the TK-1 for the trike. With a self storing ramp and all the other features, including being able to move it around by myself when empty, I thought it was great. We probably put over 10,000 miles on it pulling it behind our motorhome.

The past two years I have utilized a 24' enclosed V-nose. The trike goes in the front with a Mini Cooper Clubman behind. It must ride pretty good because 2 days ago I towed it 605 miles and forgot to ratchet the rear, only the front wheel was strapped into my chock. Trike didn't move an inch. Old age is setting in...….:confused:

Went and checked out the tilt trailer. The dealer didn't have one for sale, but I checked out his delivery trailer. It's a little longer than I think I'd need, but, any shorter might make it awkward to load. He even let me drive his yard tractor onto it .. kind of kewl how the hydraulic thing lets you gently sit flat, and slowly lower you as you unload.

No box for tools/straps, but, I've got several I can use.

We talked deal on a 2020. We agreed in writing I'd give him $500 deposit, if he doesn't have it by April 2rd, I could back out of the deal and get my money back, or take $300 off the balance, my choice. So, I guess we'll see.

My trailer is and will be ready for April, so either way ... I'll be okay on the trike to Kerrville thing.

What brand, size, etc.? Any pics or links to pics? Thanks!

Axle Rating

The Alumna TK1 has a 3500# axle and a 2900# load limit according to the sales brochure that I have in my hand. My TK-1 is supposed to be here in a couple of weeks.

Yes, my 2017 model TK1 has the same ratings. 3500 pound axle minus the trailer weight of 560 or so puts the available load at 2900 pounds. Very good trailer and with my "cheap" harbor freight trailer dolly I can move it around very easily. It appears all of the Aluma trailer line is well thought of. BTW, the torsion axle really gives a good ride even with light loads.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but for those with the Aluma TK1, do you have a chock on the trailer?

Reason for the question, on Aluma's website they don't show a chock as an option. Thanks!

Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but for those with the Aluma TK1, do you have a chock on the trailer?

Reason for the question, on Aluma's website they don't show a chock as an option. Thanks!

Here is Aluma's front wheel chock... they call it a motorcycle bracket... I have one on my Aluma 7712 H tilt trailer. It is listed under options on the 7712 H tilt tralier page. Click the link to go to the Parts & Accessories page.

It is listed as standard equipment for the TK1 on the TK1 page...

https://www.alumaklm.com/parts-and-accessories/motorcycle-brackets

Came with one.

My 2017 model came with an aluminum chock and hardware from Aluma and was included in the price. Dealer didn't charge any extra. I didn't use it. I went with a Condor model.

However, I think they show it in the specs on their site for the TK1 as a 2 ft motorcycle "bracket". I believe that is what they are calling the chock.

*****OOOPS...I didn't notice ol school had posted the same info a few post back. A mod can just delete this post.*****

https://www.alumaklm.com/recreational/motorcycle/tk1-trike-trailer#standard-equipment

Picture

You can see one in the picture below. It comes just like that with plastic wrap around the ends and hardware in a bag strapped to it.

TK1chock.jpg

popshd,

I bought the Top Hat Trailer in 2010. Model number I believe Is 5x12. It is a pipe top, single axle, with the bi-fold ramp, which I really like. Is is a very good trailer which gets used for a lot of different things. Being 5’ wide is wide enough but a 6‘ wide one would better.

RShomo

I have two trailers, actually three if you count the new Toy Hauler.

Our first trailer, a 6x10 mesh landscapers type with ramp gate. We kept it for general hauling and because it has a boat cranker for loading dead bikes.The open tows best but leaves it exposed to rain, stones thrown up by other vehicles and road salt in the winter.

We later bought a 7x16 all aluminum enclosed, set up as a little toy hauler we lived in on the longer trips. Empty it only weighs 900#. It worked for moving furniture and items you want protected from the elements but is now for sale. It doubled as storage during the winter.

I would recommend the enclosed and no smaller than 7x12. It's biggest advantage is your bike can't fall off if it gets loose. Straps will stretch when wet or when you hit a bump, allowing hooks to fall off, something I learned while hauling race cars across the country. I've have seen several racers that lost their cars due to loosened straps and blown trannies because they left them in gear. I won't use any straps without closable hooks and use a trap type chock.

Update on the trailer I ordered.

This morning I checked my bank account as I do almost every day, I'm shifting my Social Security check to the new account that will give me 3% cash back on all purchases made with my debit card. (this includes making my bike and car payments, insurance payments and anything else I put on that card).

As usual, I got off track. So checking it to see if the SSA has sent a "feeler", not sure what they call it, to see if my bank info is correct, basically its a $0 deposit before they send the real McCoy. There was a $500 credit. Hmmmm ... I clicked on it and checked who it was from. It came from the trailer dealer. Apparently he is too small to get the trailer I want or at least that's what he said. So, back to square one.

I think my new plan is to fix the flooring on mine, maybe finish some sanding and put a coat of Rustoleum on it. My trailer is probably too heavy, guessing ~1200#, but, I know it's well made. I also know it is in top mechanical condition, new bearings, new tires, everything works. Aside from it looks like a 1998 trailer ... LOL ... and the wooden floor has pulled through a couple screws, it's perfect for my needs.

So ... if you see a white Jeep Cherokee pulling an ugly trailer with a Black Tri driving around Kerrville ... Guess Who :D

Toolbox added

I added a aluminum toolbox to mine to supplement the toolbox in the front. The TG just clears it when I load it. I also put a couple of Z-tracks on the other side in case I have something else I need to tie-down. You can never have too much storage lol;)

With Toolbox.jpg

I added a aluminum toolbox to mine to supplement the toolbox in the front. The TG just clears it when I load it. I also put a couple of Z-tracks on the other side in case I have something else I need to tie-down. You can never have too much storage lol;)

View attachment 81506

That look like the Aluma TK1. If so how much clearance between the trailer fenders and the TG fenders do you have? Based on their specs it seemed a bit tight to me. Thanks

Back