Trailer Hitch

I'm having a heck of a time finding a trailer hitch with a 3" riser thats long enough to clear the back of my Champion Trike. The longest I've found was a Reese 9 3/4" hole to hole and it was even too short. I can make one, but prefere not to. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt

The next time you're in Dallas drop by Joe's Hitch and Trailer. A great hitch shop. I had the same problem with my Stallion. I needed the ball to be three inches higher and one inch further back for my Bushtec trailer to ride level and not be too close to the trike. They have a fabracator that works there that cut my hitch, rebuilt it, and it works perfect. Also looks like a factory job. I've been very pleased.

Bob
(Adventurer)

I took the stock hitch from stallion and cut it about 1 inch in front of the rear of the body work. I then welded a piece of 2 X 2 stock onto the top of the piece that goes into the receiver and then welded the cutoff part back on top of the 2 X 2 stock. I made the 2 X 2 stock the length I felt I needed to pull the trailer nice. I painted the modified hitch black and am very satisified with the out come. This upped the ball height just about 3 inches.

try these people....they should have what you need.....

etrailer.com
1507 East Highway A
Wentzville, MO 63385
636 887 9300

Couldn't make it down to Joes, but I did find a 11 3/4" hole to hole ball mount from etrailers that had a 3 1/8" riser. Thanks Vance. Got it in 2 days. Wow. I ended up cutting it down by 1" and re-welding it. Weld came out good. While I was at it I decided to build a cooler rack to go in the reciever hitch. This will be handy. :)

Back