Trailering Tri Glide

B SMITH

5+ Posts
Looking for opinions securing trike in cargo trailer. This is a 7X12 Haulmark Low Hauler trailer. I have a Condor chock and also strapping the forks pulling forward. My concern is strapping the rear end. If I cross the straps using the frame loops it puts pressure on the exhaust. Am I okay not crossing them and running the left strap to the left side loop and the right to right as pictured?

Attachments

• IMG_2923.jpg
    IMG_2923.jpg
    975.3 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2918.jpg
    IMG_2918.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 278
  • IMG_2920.jpg
    IMG_2920.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 289
Looking for opinions securing trike in cargo trailer. This is a 7X12 Haulmark Low Hauler trailer. I have a Condor chock and also strapping the forks pulling forward. My concern is strapping the rear end. If I cross the straps using the frame loops it puts pressure on the exhaust. Am I okay not crossing them and running the left strap to the left side loop and the right to right as pictured?

There is no need to cross the rear straps.....The way you have them is right, On the rare occasions that i trailer my Tri- Glide thats how i do it..ThumbUp

Glad that works for you. Taking my trike into consideration, it looks like my CSC will never fit in there.

In addition, I would never be able to get off the trike and out of the trailer. This is probably the one reason I might consider an open trailer.

Glad that works for you. Taking my trike into consideration, it looks like my CSC will never fit in there.

In addition, I would never be able to get off the trike and out of the trailer. This is probably the one reason I might consider an open trailer.

With a 7’ width I have 14 1/2” on each side at the rear fenders. Plenty of room to get off and walk around the trike. I have a side door as well. What is the width with the CSC conversion?

IMG_2922.jpg

I would wonder about the carabiners Brian, everything else looks good. When we trailer, I run the front straps right through the front wheel with soft ties. Don't forget "transport mode" when pulling out, thankfully I haven't forgotten yet.

Over the years I have trailered my TG in a couple different trailers. My preference is to cross the rear tie downs off the factory loops but sometimes that does force the straps up against exhaust and/or clamps.

The 14' enclosed that I recently set up for hauling my TG didn't come with hooks in the floor so I was able to install my own. I have the rear ones installed even with the back tires and not very far behind them, thus allowing me to cross the straps and not get into anything. I also use two small Harley sling loops off each side of the front axle to ratchet strap to so I don't need any type of chock.

My 19 Tri is 55 1/2” wide. I’m probably closer to 14 1/4” on each side.

The specs on the Harley site says 65.7 - wonder why your trike is a foot smaller?

The 2019 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra has a wheelbase of 1,670 mm (approximately 65.7 inches) [COLOR=var(--cib-color-foreground-accent-primary)]1[/COLOR]. This three-wheeled touring motorcycle offers a comfortable and stable ride, perfect for long journeys. Whether you’re cruising down the highway or exploring scenic routes, the Tri Glide Ultra provides a unique riding experience.

105.3 inches

Overall length 2675 mm (105.3 inches)

Brand: Harley-Davidson

Model: Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra

Type: Touring

The specs on the Harley site says 65.7 - wonder why your trike is a foot smaller?

The 2019 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra has a wheelbase of 1,670 mm (approximately 65.7 inches) [COLOR=var(--cib-color-foreground-accent-primary)]1[/COLOR]. This three-wheeled touring motorcycle offers a comfortable and stable ride, perfect for long journeys. Whether you’re cruising down the highway or exploring scenic routes, the Tri Glide Ultra provides a unique riding experience.

105.3 inches

Overall length 2675 mm (105.3 inches)

Brand: Harley-Davidson

Model: Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra

Type: Touring

65.7 is the wheelbase. That’s the distance between the front and rear tire. The width of the trike is 55 1/2”.

Thanks - by the way, I see you are in Vagas - our flight leaves at 4 today - so, we will be there for a few days. Looks like around high 60 and low 70 there this week,.

Spring has been late to arrive here. We just had our first 80* day last week. Then Friday was a record low temperature at 56*. You picked a good time to visit. Next week will be very pleasant with temps in the 70’s to mid 80’s.

Back