Tri Glide is running Great, Very Pleased w/ it!

Jun 15, 2013
Red Banks, MS
Mary and I are on a Road Trip right now. We spent a week riding some great roads with Kurt & Sally.

I am Very Happy with how well it is running, and we're enjoying some fantastic riding!Here is a photo of my MPG for the last 389 miles of riding. :clapping:
43%20mpg.jpg

Those 389 miles, at 43 mpg, have included the following:

1. Over Beartooth Pass
Beartooth%202023%2043m.jpg

2. Into Yellowstone about 40 miles. Saw this little bugger grabbing some road kill for lunch-
YellowStone%202023.jpg

3. Back over Beartooth Pass back into Red Lodge
Beartooth%202023%20Lookout.jpg
Yellowstone miles were plunking along at the speed limit. Beartooth Pass was ridden quite aggressively (2 up).

4. Riding around the Grand Tetons, at the speed limit
Grand%20Tetons%202023.jpg

5. Riding Teton Pass, quite aggressively, both ways. Up and down each way.
Teton%20pass%202023.jpg

6. Riding from the Teton's up to the Continental Divide, on the way toward Dubios, and back. Ridden quite aggressively, up and back.
Toward%20Dubois%202023.jpg

I could not be more happy with how well it is running!I know part of the great MPG is because of altitude...but much of the riding was very aggressive up three passes, two of them twice.

Kevin

Mary and I are on a Road Trip right now. We spent a week riding some great roads with Kurt & Sally.

I am Very Happy with how well it is running, and we're enjoying some fantastic riding!Here is a photo of my MPG for the last 389 miles of riding. :clapping:
43%20mpg.jpg

Those 389 miles, at 43 mpg, have included the following:

1. Over Beartooth Pass
Beartooth%202023%2043m.jpg

2. Into Yellowstone about 40 miles. Saw this little bugger grabbing some road kill for lunch-
YellowStone%202023.jpg

3. Back over Beartooth Pass back into Red Lodge
Beartooth%202023%20Lookout.jpg
Yellowstone miles were plunking along at the speed limit. Beartooth Pass was ridden quite aggressively (2 up).

4. Riding around the Grand Tetons, at the speed limit
Grand%20Tetons%202023.jpg

5. Riding Teton Pass, quite aggressively, both ways. Up and down each way.
Teton%20pass%202023.jpg

6. Riding from the Teton's up to the Continental Divide, on the way toward Dubios, and back. Ridden quite aggressively, up and back.
Toward%20Dubois%202023.jpg

I could not be more happy with how well it is running!I know part of the great MPG is because of altitude...but much of the riding was very aggressive up three passes, two of them twice.

Kevin

👍👍….. Excellent camera work👍👍

i am guessing you will be heading to Sturgis on this trip

Hope to see some great pictures from y'all

Hiya Jack!

Yes. Mary is flying home....we've ridden the whole area without traffic, and she has no desire to be in all of the traffic during the rally.

Dwayne is coming in and we'll be having some meet & greets, plus we'll be riding around as he has not been in all the great riding in the area.

Kevin

My PV consistently reads 4mpg higher than what I get when I do the math with the odometer and gas station receipt....

:)

Hope to see ya at one of the M&Gs next week....

Chuck

Hope to make it out on Tuesday the 8th in time to stop at Jacks by 4:00.

I just returned home to Wilmot on Friday the 28th, from Hill City. Of course a NE wind the entire route back (riding kitty corner across the state....SE to NE)....right away in the morning from when I left (5:30 am mountain time) til I arrived home around 2:45 central time. Fortunately the heat had broken (106*!! in Philip on Wednesday the 26th) and had decent temps for the ride.

I had planned on returning to the Hills on Thursday the 10th, but think I can rearrange my schedule. Is Kurt along for the Sturgis portion, or did he/they head back south?

Anyway, hope to meet up on Tuesday.

Bill

My PV consistently reads 4mpg higher than what I get when I do the math with the odometer and gas station receipt....

Chuck

I will know tomorrow how my PV MPG compares with odometer and gas fill-up.

I did the math on my last fill-up and it was 34.5 mpg, but I had not reset my PV trip meter (done now) and I was doing a lot of riding at 75 mph, with some periodic bumps up to 85 mph. There was also about 1/3 of the miles ridden at 45-55 mph.

Will do the math when I fill-up later today, or tomorrow, and compare with PV MPG.

Looking forward to seeing you next week at one of the M&G's.

Kevin

- - - Updated - - -

Hope to make it out on Tuesday the 8th in time to stop at Jacks by 4:00.

I just returned home to Wilmot on Friday the 28th, from Hill City. Of course a NE wind the entire route back (riding kitty corner across the state....SE to NE)....right away in the morning from when I left (5:30 am mountain time) til I arrived home around 2:45 central time. Fortunately the heat had broken (106*!! in Philip on Wednesday the 26th) and had decent temps for the ride.

I had planned on returning to the Hills on Thursday the 10th, but think I can rearrange my schedule. Is Kurt along for the Sturgis portion, or did he/they head back south?

Anyway, hope to meet up on Tuesday.

Bill

Hey Bill,

Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Kevin

Chuck

Hey Chuck,

Did a fill-up yesterday after riding 75-80 mph for about half the tank and then some spirited riding at 45-60 mph in the Black Hills for the other half the tank.

Hand calculated shows 33.2 mpg

PV showed 36.4 mpg

So, really close to your 4 mpg variance.

Still very pleased with the mpg I am getting.

When I get back home, later this month, I will be playing with the settings in the PV to get it to more accurately reflect the true MPG.

Kevin

When I get back home, later this month, I will be playing with the settings in the PV to get it to more accurately reflect the true MPG.

LMK if you find a way to correct the PV's mileage calculation, I'd love to get mine more accurate!!!!

FWIW, last year in Sturgis I consistently got over 40mpg (44mpg per the PV). That's with the "Kentucky" tune on the motor, and about 4-5mpg better than I get at home. My bike does tend to get better milage with spirited twisty riding vs sustained high rpm interstate cruising......

Chuck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png