Tri Glide LED Tail Lights

Yea, for me, I use hand signals all the time if traffic is light, just old school I guess. Kinda makes me feel like a renascence man by today's standards. At night though, I ultimately would like people to report UFO's when I am on the road.

I think I read on here about how if you use the light kit that changes the tour pack running lights into turn/brake lights that you have to buy a new tour pack insert too????

And yea, I'm with you guys, only the Lord didn't give me enough middle fingers.

Rob

Hey M.A.T. Yup...If you install the HD LED tourpack light bar, you have to change the liner also so the new one will clear the extra wiring connections...another $85.00...but.. What else is new huh?... Ha ha!!

Ha ha!! I understand. Well, my dealer didnt know about it either!!..I picked up my bike after they installed the lights, and everthing worked great. By the time I got home to show my wife the cool new lights, the tourpac running lights and the luggage rack lights were not working.!! Crap!!!! Turned right around and went back. Fuse was blown.. new fuse... blew again..Hmmmm... Ahhhh!.. the old tourpack liner was crimping the new light wiring on the left side..Oh!! they make a liner with a bigger pocket built in to accomodate the larger connection. Since I was the first one they had installed, they had not run into that before.. BUT!!! happened to have one in stock..The newer liner is way nicer that the old though.. different material and softer lining inside...Gotta have it...$$$$85.00 As before,, what else is new!..

Oh, I see, you had to buy that entire thing to convert to LED's? I thought you could just swap out the bulbs?!
Oh I did the item to convert the tour pack lights to turn signals already..
Others have converted to the new LED Tour Pack light kit..
I think if you put on just the LED bulbs you may need a load equailzer..

I just left the regular bulbs in mine

I know I had to do this with my Bad Ass Lights for the tail lights..Makes the turn signals go crazy..

So wait, you can either convert to LED's with this kit for 450+ bucks (oh wait, plus the 85 dollar new liner) or swap the bulbs and buy the turn signal conversion kit and a load equalizer for almost under 100 bucks (I would think) and the advantage to the former is what?

I am not second guessing anything I just want to have all the facts when I go this route.

Rob

I would just by the turn signal conversion kit and save 500 bucks for other things you may want thats more important..

that led kit is nice but mot necessary..with my bad ass light leds its more than enough with that and the turn signal conversion kit..

If you want LED lights on the turn signals I would just by led lamps..I just got some for my car and wow they are bright..

I looked at the harness only kit also, but decided I wanted the light bar that went all the way across the back, which makes for a huge brake light area..see my photos...And you can replace the bulbs to make them LED...but the instructions I saw to do that looked like more of a pia than I wanted to mess with. So yes, the full led kit is more expensive, but the light surface area is way larger also,, which was important to me.

So that's what you did mutha, the conversion wiring harness and replaced your bulbs?
MAT-- I didnt do the leds light with the conversion kit..but can in the future..

They just have the 1157 bulbs in them at the moment..

My LEd Tail lights are more than enough for now..

Ok, I took a look again and see now what all the hub-bub is about. I agree, that's considerably more light. Kinda makes the light bar on the luggage rack seem obsolete though. Makes me wonder........ I do believe more is safer though.

Are you guys gonna get the H-D TG trunk light bar too?

Have any of you seen the new Kuryakyn trunk lights? They also sell plug and play led brake lights.

Rob

OK, so did you need the new liner as well?

Rob
MAt --NO...LOL

The conversion kit you were looking at uses the same liners etc..

The only changes are the wiring kit that comes with the conversion..

If you like LED lights with this kit you would just need to by the bulbs..or leave it the way it is..

It just converts your corner tour pak lights to a functional turn signal/light

Hope That clears up some things?? :Shrug:

If you just get the wiring harness, you do not need the new liner. If you change to the led light bar, like I did, you need a new liner. If you just change the bulbs to led, you will not need a new liner. I installed the luggage rack and the rack brake light 2 weeks after I got the bike last May. Did not think at that time that I would ever change the lights to led. But as I said earlier, I came into $500 that I was not expecting,, so I snuck 'em on there! So now I have that rack light as a bonus. I just ordered the tourbox lift rails from Dennis last night which will actually make the rack brake light more visible as it will raise it more level.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png