Tri Glide Legend Suspension

Has anyone checked out and installed the Legend air suspension system on there Tri Glide? (Rear Shocks)

If so, is it worth the money versus the stock Tri Glide rear shocks.

I would like better better dampening when driving over bumpy terrian.

:Monster:
It looks like in March edition of American Bagger Magazine they will have a article on the Lengend air Suspension for the Tri Glides

Has anyone checked out and installed the Legend air suspension system on there Tri Glide? (Rear Shocks)

American Bagger Maggazine has a article on how to install the Lengend air ride suspension. It is the March issue of american Bagger

Yes,, I have completed the installation on my 2010 Ultra TriGlide of the Legend Air Shock system. I went with Chrome Handle bar mount and in dash gauge. I can tell you it is the best investment yet in my Trike. Totally made the ride Awesome. Especially when i am riding my Wife on the back. Aside from my Screaming Eagle upgrade it totally ROCKS.
DO IT.. you will not regret it. I did have my local Harley shop in Bakersfield do it. MacHarley

Yes,, I have completed the installation on my 2010 Ultra TriGlide of the Legend Air Shock system. I went with Chrome Handle bar mount and in dash gauge. I can tell you it is the best investment yet in my Trike. Totally made the ride Awesome. Especially when i am riding my Wife on the back. Aside from my Screaming Eagle upgrade it totally ROCKS.
DO IT.. you will not regret it. I did have my local Harley shop in Bakersfield do it. MacHarley
I hope to get mine installed soon now that the weather is alot warmer and I can get in my garage. I cant wait to ride the bike when weather permits.

Finally finished installing the Legend Air Suspension . I have not rode the bike yet but I can tell just from standing on the bumper and bouncing the suspension it is a lot different than stock.

I ended up installing the air compressor in the lower trunk at the top with the excisting compressor mount and a 5/16 standoff and mounted it to a bolt that was at the top of the trunk.

Hopefully I can ride it soon with a udate on the ride.

First ride this year and the Legend Suspension is a improvement over the stock shocks.

I found it to be less of that pogo affect while on the great rodes we have in this area.

Still trying to find that perfect air pressure. Should have that setup soon.

I bought my trike the beginning of the season last summer. Put about 5,000 mi on it and experienced a huge crack in the tour pack. Dealer replaced without a word, said I was the third trike that season with a crack in the tour pack and they felt it was due to the suspension. I have a new tour pack going into this season but wondering what to do about the suspension so I don't continue to have this problem. Some of the road beds are brutal and going over railroad tracks can shake every tooth in your head.

I bought my trike the beginning of the season last summer. Put about 5,000 mi on it and experienced a huge crack in the tour pack. Dealer replaced without a word, said I was the third trike that season with a crack in the tour pack and they felt it was due to the suspension. I have a new tour pack going into this season but wondering what to do about the suspension so I don't continue to have this problem. Some of the road beds are brutal and going over railroad tracks can shake every tooth in your head.
I know they dont make the tour packs with the same material as they did years ago. Looks to me like cheap plastic.

I cannot guarantee changing the shocks will stop the tour pack cracks,but I would recommend not to put a lot of heavy items in the tourpack.

The lengend Air suspension does indeed help smooth out the ride,compared to the stock shocks.

I used the original air lines and mounted the compressor in my trunk area. Putting the compressor inbetween the trans and the motor made no sense to me,because everytime you have to chaange fluids the compressor has to be removed.

Also if you purchase the Lehman EFX Boards the compressor would have to be moved anyway because of the floor support mounts get mounted inbetween the trans and motor.

Update on the shocks

I was experienceing a air leak after my first ride of the season. after checking all the airlines etc. I found the left shock was leaking and the outer air bag was off the shock.

I emailed Legend air Suspension and they sent me out a new set right away. They were baffled why the shock failed. Once I send them back they will evaluate what went wrong.

They only draw back was changing them out a second time ..Its not a easy job to do..

Back