TRI GLIDE SADDLEBAGS and BUMPER

My worse fear, the mechanic put the left bag on the right and right bag on the left. Now they look like the pictures in this thread. Now the shop is moving the upper mount holes to match drilled holes in the fiber class. What a fricking mistake.

My worse fear, the mechanic put the left bag on the right and right bag on the left. Now they look like the pictures in this thread. Now the shop is moving the upper mount holes to match drilled holes in the fiber class. What a fricking mistake.

What upsets me the most is I discussed this problem with them and last week he showed me an installation that was correct. I thought, they know what they are doing. Wow, was I mistaken. Simply, the mechanic did not know the right from the left. The left and right right are alway made from sitting in the saddle.

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes you got to wonder how some dealers stay in buisness. :Shrug:

Maybe they just can't install then on RED Tri Glides. :D

Keep us posted on the remedy.

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes you got to wonder how some dealers stay in buisness. :Shrug:

Maybe they just can't install then on RED Tri Glides. :D

Keep us posted on the remedy.

I told them either they replace the body or move the top quick release over to match the hole they had drilled. Funny, although they had to drill and move the rubber washer, it fits good. Even the bags fit good on the lower mount bolts. Maybe I could get a job advising the mechanics. I did that a lot during my 20+ years in the Air Force.

That is so sad! I sure hope those idiots refunded any labor charges they made, and gave you some sort of store credit for 'goodies'. Another friend on a different board wrote about a mechanic dropping a wrench on his brand new RoadGlide and dinging the front fender. He "forgot" to put the fender covers and tank covers on before doing any work. They told Mark it would be 2 weeks before a new fender came in. He through a fit, got $100 in store credit and all labor charges for the work he was having done were dropped.

That is so sad! I sure hope those idiots refunded any labor charges they made, and gave you some sort of store credit for 'goodies'. Another friend on a different board wrote about a mechanic dropping a wrench on his brand new RoadGlide and dinging the front fender. He "forgot" to put the fender covers and tank covers on before doing any work. They told Mark it would be 2 weeks before a new fender came in. He through a fit, got $100 in store credit and all labor charges for the work he was having done were dropped.

I should have thrown a fit, however that would have not have solved the problem. The only thing you can see that's is not quite right is on the back of the bags, which don't show. You really have to look twice to see that. What I do hope is they learn something from this. This dealership was just bought from previous owners just a few days ago. I'm hoping they turn this into a number one store in GA. the new owners from what I hear are bringing in lots of new inventory and adding to the existing building. The previous owners allowed the dealership to drop and eventory went to nothing.

I should have thrown a fit, however that would have not have solved the problem. The only thing you can see that's is not quite right is on the back of the bags, which don't show. You really have to look twice to see that. What I do hope is they learn something from this. This dealership was just bought from previous owners just a few days ago. I'm hoping they turn this into a number one store in GA. the new owners from what I hear are bringing in lots of new inventory and adding to the existing building. The previous owners allowed the dealership to drop and eventory went to nothing.
The best Harley store around is in Newnan.Need to stay out of the one in Clayton county.GOOD LUCK

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeeMan
Back