tri-wing conversion for vtx 1300 I have questions

Sep 5, 2011
harpursville,ny,usa
Recently acquired an older vtx tri-wing. trike kit but no instructions. I called tri-wing and they can't help me. I was wondering if anybody who might have done one of these kits could help me. like instructions or how they did it. I am a retired mechanic that has had 3 back operations and cannot hold the bike up for long anymore. so any help would be very much appreciated.

Dennis I haven't seen mention of Tri wing in a long time.I honestly thought they had shut down.I didn't find a website for them.I know there are some threads on here about them but I don't know if any contain exactly what your needing to know.If you have something specific maybe we can help find that info for you.Maybe one of the guys that has had or has installed can help.

Running a search this is what I found: https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...oration.ed74188c4b8da64b3a5083f7cb09c2bc.html

The website name is up for sale and there is no phone number just an address. I managed to search and find a number 250-658-2590. Good chance they're out of business.

Done a search of some sources I have and website of oddball manuals and I have found nothing.

First item, are all the parts there? If parts are missing the installation is going to be a disaster.

It involves the removal of the rear section of the motorcycle.

Fitting the new swingarm onto the bike.

Fitting the axle and drive line.

Working with the brakes, sometimes you have to delink the brakes if front/rear are linked.

Taking a test ride after checking to make sure it tracks right, no strange noise or vibration.

Fitting the body prior to painting, making sure the lights work.

(The Readers Digest version from memory)

Last edited:
trike

Running a search this is what I found: https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...oration.ed74188c4b8da64b3a5083f7cb09c2bc.html

The website name is up for sale and there is no phone number just an address. I managed to search and find a number 250-658-2590. Good chance they're out of business.

Done a search of some sources I have and website of oddball manuals and I have found nothing.

First item, are all the parts there? If parts are missing the installation is going to be a disaster.

It involves the removal of the rear section of the motorcycle.

Fitting the new swingarm onto the bike.

Fitting the axle and drive line.

Working with the brakes, sometimes you have to delink the brakes if front/rear are linked.

Taking a test ride after checking to make sure it tracks right, no strange noise or vibration.

Fitting the body prior to painting, making sure the lights work.

(The Readers Digest version from memory)

I have built a trike from scratch before but I am not able to do that again. I was looking for someone who might have saved their paperwork or could tell me how they did theirs. I can't say for sure if everything is all there. I have nothing to go by.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png