Trike conversion

I have a 95 standard Electra glide that has a MTC Voyage trike kit. The kit is okay, but I would like to convert to a regular trike kit. Any recommendations? I don't want invest a fortune in a kit. I looked at a couple sites and the prices vary greatly. There is a seller on Ebay "The Trike Life" that has a kit for $3999. Does anyone know anything about them? Please help.

Thanks,

Dave

I was going to recommend Frankenstein, I put one on a Sportster years ago for a customer.

Very nice conversion and worth the money.

I can't help on the Trike kit, But i can Welcome you to Trike-Talk...:wave4:

:wave:..I'm sure some others will chime in with the help you need.

Again, WELCOME....:clapping:

A word of advice?

Spend the money to get a complete conversion kit.

There are allot of really good ones, Some I wouldn't touch.

Cheaper kits give you the lower end of quality and there are hidden problems encountered while building ( such as no mounting tabs for shocks ) All kinds of irritation involved.

There is no way I want to build a bike that gives me no end of problems while building and becomes more of a problem as I ride it.

If you buy parts separately you are going to spend way more time trying to build your bike and the truth is you wont save enough to make it worth the hassle of building one off parts.

Unless your a painter have the factory paint it, It will likely be cheaper than having it done locally and they can color match.

The Champion straight axle kit is the lower end of dollars spent and still get the quality you are looking for and comes as a complete kit.

If the Straight axle is good enough for the tri-glide it's good enough for me.

the kit rides a bit rougher in town than an independent suspension but smooth's right out on the highway, I like it better in corners than the independent suspension.

It feels more solid and I don't feel like centrifugal force is working against me so much.

There is a learning curve to riding a trike and you can learn about such things on the forum.

Champion is also the simplest, most straight forward kit to install by yourself and has great instructions.

I have had my Champion straight axle for 4 years now and love it, No problems with it, I also like the way it looks.

Check out this forums membership and get Papa Zook, He's not hard to find he owns this forum we play on and he also is a trike dealer and converter.

You can trust him not to burn you.

All the sponsors on this forum are screened to keep out scammers.

Here is the facts, This forum is a great place for trikers to visit and share ideas but it costs to run this forum and sales is the motivating factor, It is a legitimate business.

If a sponsor on this forum were to burn people this forum would be forced to shut it's doors.

I bought my kit from Papa Zook as well as my raked triple tree at vastly reduced prices and every single part was top quality for the dollar spent, There are also factory sales that happen that can save a guy a $1000.00 at a whack and he has the ability to deliver your kit and parts to your door.

Some kit manufactures wont even sell you a kit unless they install it!

Any questions I had during conversion were answered posthaste and even put me in contact with the company who saved me a bunch on delivery.

For pics of my conversion google pcombe photobucket.

I took lots of pictures of my build and if you hold your cursor on the picture I gave a written account of what I was doing and gives you tips on procedures.

Always keep in mind, The difference between a good trike and a bad one depends entirely on the kit and the integrity of the builder. I took no shortcuts.

P.S. I don't work for trike talk and am simply another customer.

7984.jpg 12857_1601463420082462_3343782790414430709_n.jpg

welcome aboard. another member says that the kit is really a kit. Adaption and welding etc is the norm. Check Frankenstein to see if that appeals to you

Back