Trike Insurance

I just switched my insurance to Progressive with Jim Palmer and bought a 5 year ESP for my 21 Tri Glide.

Glad it worked out for you.

I contacted him some time ago - before I triked my bike. He gave me a quote and said to not insure it or add the ESO until all was done. When all done, I contacted him to pay the bill.

It was then that he said, they could not do the ESP on the converted trike. They wanted to insure it - but, I already had that taken care of.

Sad part is - I only need the front of the bike covered, CSC covered the conversion for 5 years.

Seems they do the ESP on Harley TriGlides. With the great work by these conversion companies, I am still a little surprised.

Well that sucks. I guess conversions are a 2 part deal. This is one of the reasons I stuck with Harleys Tri Glide. That and service access while traveling.

Yep - all of the Harley dealers will service the bike and also do some minor things on the conversion.

Actually, not a lot to do on the conversion. Belt has a lifetime guarantee from CSC. They said if ever something happens, do not let the dealer work on that part.

My previous employer had/has a deal with The Personal Ins to cover anything and it still does even in retirement so they cover our house, two cars and our trike…. No issues. The trike is even covered as if it is a car. We also don’t pay for license plates, they’re free.

Progressive Insurance

I just got a quote today to add my 2013 Trike to my policy and had to add accessory coverage to cover the trike kit

I have had different companies but most I had to list the Trike Kit as an accessory to get it covered.

I now have Safeco but I may be going back to Progressive as they now insure a Trike as it stands. That is what I was told a couple weeks ago.

You will have to check that out for yourself to see if it is true or not.

I have never had a claim so can't say how any would have paid out. But definitely check different companies as the prices will certainly surprise you.

Make sure they insure the Trike as a Trike and not having to list it as an accessory or at least get that clarified.

Also your credit rating rates high in cost of insurance as well as where you live and your driving record.

Called Progressive myself to see if my 18 goldwing DCT Tour CSC Encore trike kit is insured as a stand along trike. They said no, it would have to be insured as an accessory. They said a Triglide and ones like that, that were factory made to be a trike, can be insured as stand alone.

So my agent was not right.

So I have been email Jim Palmer about insurance coverage.

Good luck getting a reply from him. I gave up trying to get info and went with progressive

have NEVER had a problem getting Jim.Always returned call in 24 hr.

+1 Emailed Jim yesterday and had answer within 30 minutes. No problem here. Give him a call, if your having problem with email. I went with progressive this year. Was way cheaper than anything else out there.

I did mine with my first phone call with Jim, easy, done deal with my debit card, same day results

Jim called back in a couple of days to check back with me

All said and done I am now paying a bit more than a dollar a day for full ( new bike ) replacement with towing

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png