Trike Kits

Hi Trikers
I am a novice on this topic. Still on 2 wheels but are shopping and looking around to trike my bike. I am on the Internet surfing through various sites and shops concerning trike kits. You must remember I am not in a country where I can order and have it shipped without a lot of extra expences. But that is nobodys fault. I was mend to live in Namibia.
I noticed quite a number of convertion kits. How does the kits that bolts on and actually makes your bike a four wheeler and not a three wheeler compare with the three wheeler trike in riding and stability and etc.

Please help because I am lost in the jungle of ads and products out there.

Keep the rubber side down.

Hi Trikers
I am a novice on this topic. Still on 2 wheels but are shopping and looking around to trike my bike. I am on the Internet surfing through various sites and shops concerning trike kits. You must remember I am not in a country where I can order and have it shipped without a lot of extra expenses. But that is nobodys fault. I was mend to live in Namibia.
I noticed quite a number of conversion kits. How does the kits that bolts on and actually makes your bike a four wheeler and not a three wheeler compare with the three wheeler trike in riding and stability and etc.

Please help because I am lost in the jungle of ads and products out there.

Keep the rubber side down.

I've never seen any of the "4Wheel" conversions. I expect you are referring to the Hannigan kit ( Quads – Hannigan Motorsports )

This it the only one I ever heard of but still have never seen it. If you are concerned about stability then I'd suggest you try to find a three wheel trike and test ride it before going to the added cost of a quad.

The best advise I can offer is to do a LOT of research and if possible ride as many conversions as possible. That may be hard for you there but it sure would help make a decision.

Good luck on you search.

They work fine. They are not compareable to a true trike. I owned one for years and yes it worked . After testing a true trike I bought one in 1 hour .

This was mine
DSC00187.jpg

Thanks to all responding. I stumbled on another tread which gave me lots of answers.
My project will be on its way soon. First a round trip through South Africa
in Sept 2013.
Blessed week ahead and look out for the cagers.

Back