Trike Maintenance

Hello all,

My name is Tom. I'm new to the Trike world. I just bought my wife Cindy a 2002 Honda Gold Wing with CSC conversion.

My very question is how to you use a bike jack to jack the trike up safley and securily? My wife was riding it this past weekend

and her brakes failed. After investigation I found the fluids had turned t a milky white liquid. So now, it is time to change out

this nasty stuff. Clean the system and put some new Honda Dot 4 fluid back in it.

Hello all,

My name is Tom. I'm new to the Trike world. I just bought my wife Cindy a 2002 Honda Gold Wing with CSC conversion.

My very question is how to you use a bike jack to jack the trike up safley and securily? My wife was riding it this past weekend

and her brakes failed. After investigation I found the fluids had turned t a milky white liquid. So now, it is time to change out

this nasty stuff. Clean the system and put some new Honda Dot 4 fluid back in it.

Tom …Welcome to Trike Talk..👍..

Hi Tom, :welcome: to Trike Talk

Be sure to clean the inside of the master cylinders good, I use a Q tip to clean the residue out before flushing, Good luck, you can use any name brand Dot4 brake fluid, it does not have to be Honda branded

Synthetic Dot 4 has a higher boiling point so it may serve you better

Welcome to Trike Talk Tom!!! To get it in the air you can use car ramps.You may have to use a 2x4 or 2 to clear the running boards if she has them. If the fluid has been in there that long I would check into whether the brake recall was done or not.

Back