Video - Decel Pop - Love It or Hate It? Is It REALLY Bad?

my question here is: Why is it the only Harley has that popp'ing noise,??? Yea never hear a Honda Goldwing making that horrible sound???

I live on the end of a street where a vehicle has to stop (or they go into the woods) [believe me when I say, many, have flown over the guard rail, and into the woods]

BUT there's nothing more aggravating, than to be woken up in the middle of the night because of that loud popping sound of straight pipes..............

Sorry Harley ride'rrr's ...BUT why???

Ronnie

Any vehicle gasoline vehicle, car or motorcycle, will have decel pop (including a Goldwing) if they have open exhaust.

Most folks with Goldwings don't have open exhaust, where many folks with Harley's do open up the exhaust where the decel pop can now be heard.

Kevin

I got just a bit of decel pop on my 17 M8, and also now on my 21 114

Harley is using short baffles in the M8 line combined with pretty thin wrapping of fiberglass in the mufflers to give the M8 engine a better exhaust note

In years gone by most stock H D exhaust did not exhibit the decel pop due to over restrictive exhaust. The internal baffles had what looked like welsh plugs that created a very restrictive and quiet exhaust. It also made the mufflers pretty darn heavy.

The decel pop will not hurt the way the engine runs, tho to some it is very annoying IMO

my question here is: Why is it the only Harley has that popp'ing noise,??? Yea never hear a Honda Goldwing making that horrible sound???

I live on the end of a street where a vehicle has to stop (or they go into the woods) [believe me when I say, many, have flown over the guard rail, and into the woods]

BUT there's nothing more aggravating, than to be woken up in the middle of the night because of that loud popping sound of straight pipes..............

Sorry Harley ride'rrr's ...BUT why???

Ronnie

Thats funny yesterday the guy next door starts up his honda shadow, it has vance & hince mufflers on it . that thing is pop & fartin he takes off it has that wannabe harley sound . Then I read this and laughed my Ass Off :D

Let's see raw un-burnt gasoline washing over the pistons and rings and cylinder wall's then igniting in the mufflers....Ain't nothing wrong with that...Right..;)...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png