Video from "The Little Things" Series - Thunder Torque Inserts™

Kevin, I have a question about these. I have the V&H Twin slash cut slip-ons currently installed on my trike with the stock header. I plan to change the head pipe out over the winter. Could I use these and mitigate the "lose of HP/TQ with dresser/true duals" that I read about and still keep the sound I want from them? I'm still knocking about and researching between the Dresser/True duals and Power duals.

Thanks,

Brian

Kevin, I have a question about these. I have the V&H Twin slash cut slip-ons currently installed on my trike with the stock header. I plan to change the head pipe out over the winter. Could I use these and mitigate the "lose of HP/TQ with dresser/true duals" that I read about and still keep the sound I want from them? I'm still knocking about and researching between the Dresser/True duals and Power duals.

Thanks,

Brian

Hey Brian,

The TTI's will increase the low and mid range torque on any open exhaust (where you can see from one end of the slip-on to the other).

They will also make a bit mellower, deeper tone.

With the Power Duals you will have a bit more lower & mid range torque than the Dresser Duals. Both of them will get a bump with the TTI's. So your best power would be with the Power Duals and the TTI's.

However, the difference between the two, both the the TTI's, will not be that great. Less than 5%, probably closer to 2-3%. So if you like the sound of the Dresser Duals better, you may very well find that to be the better choice for you.

I am running True Duals on my Softail...it is at a small sacrifice in max low and mid range power, but it is worth it to me for the look and the sound.

One other factor...many times with true duals (like the dresser duals) there will be a flat spot in the power. With the TTI's that flat spot will Not be there.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Hey Brian,

The TTI's will increase the low and mid range torque on any open exhaust (where you can see from one end of the slip-on to the other).

They will also make a bit mellower, deeper tone.

With the Power Duals you will have a bit more lower & mid range torque than the Dresser Duals. Both of them will get a bump with the TTI's. So your best power would be with the Power Duals and the TTI's.

However, the difference between the two, both the the TTI's, will not be that great. Less than 5%, probably closer to 2-3%. So if you like the sound of the Dresser Duals better, you may very well find that to be the better choice for you.

I am running True Duals on my Softail...it is at a small sacrifice in max low and mid range power, but it is worth it to me for the look and the sound.

One other factor...many times with true duals (like the dresser duals) there will be a flat spot in the power. With the TTI's that flat spot will Not be there.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Kevin,

Excellent answer and excellent information. That’s exactly what I was looking for

Thank you sir,

Brian

I don't want a screamer right now. I just wanna give Big Bertha a little more oomph without breaking the bank. Whenever I wear this engine out, (many many more miles I hope), I will do a total upgrade rebuild and really make her come alive.

Brian

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png