VTX 1300R w motor trike noise?

Thanks Joe, I'm so new here I didn't even know there was such a place "State Board"....I'll be checking in with them pretty soon....Thanks again...

:rolleyes:

Well guy's I finally (praise the Lord) got my noise figured out. Went 100 miles out of my way to find a Motor Trike dealer who could diagnose the problem in Woodstock NY (Holsapples Rec. Veh) awesome people there. Bob Holsapple took it for a spin, returned, pushed and pulled, rubber mallet-ed etc etc and he found that a safety bar which connects the two ladder rails in the suspension was very loose. The lock nuts/washers had backed off and the suspension was picking up the vibration from the drive shaft and it made the bar vibrate like crazy. Problem fixed....yipee! Its only been two years but now I'm happy with my VTX.....thanks for all your input guy's!!!!!!

Lesson learned - never have a trike built by a guy that wears two hearing aids. Ever try to explain a noise to someone who can't hear? It was a terrible experience. One that almost had me selling my Trike.......

:rolleyes:

Well guy's I finally (praise the Lord) got my noise figured out. Went 100 miles out of my way to find a Motor Trike dealer who could diagnose the problem in Woodstock NY (Holsapples Rec. Veh) awesome people there. Bob Holsapple took it for a spin, returned, pushed and pulled, rubber mallet-ed etc etc and he found that a safety bar which connects the two ladder rails in the suspension was very loose. The lock nuts/washers had backed off and the suspension was picking up the vibration from the drive shaft and it made the bar vibrate like crazy. Problem fixed....yipee! Its only been two years but now I'm happy with my VTX.....thanks for all your input guy's!!!!!!

Lesson learned - never have a trike built by a guy that wears two hearing aids. Ever try to explain a noise to someone who can't hear? It was a terrible experience. One that almost had me selling my Trike.......

Now you can get on with some serious riding without the vibs.

I bought a Aero 750 with the Motor Trike kit installed for the wife. The one triked by Motortrike at the factory. I purchase it used from the 1st owner and it had only 692 miles on it. Once I got it home I could hear a noise like a metal rattle while in the upper gears, bike ran good, but there was this noise, seemed to occur more when power was supplied, but in the upper gear range. Pull the clutch in and coast, all was quiet. I crawled under it and banged on every section, couldn't locate anything loose. I could not locate any installation directions for the 750 Areo, so I went by Motro trike's installation for the GW. Anyway I found that the short bar that runs from left to right (across) between the ladder bars was ajusted per GW specs. In that you were suppose to be able to roll the bar back and forth with little effort and then lock it into place with the lock nuts, but it would still move freely. I was then told my a older Motor Trike Installer that the bar in question should be just a tad tighter, still with movement but just enough that it would not vibrate or flop due to the two cylinder operation of the 750, 1300 and 1800.

I ajusted the bar outward, just a tad so it could still be moved back and forth but with a hand grip and not just rolled between two fingers. No more noise, I have run the 750 wide open, no harmonic vibrations. Just something to check out, prior to that I was hearing about bad clutch baskets..etc and this solved my problem.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png