vtx 1800 wth Champion convertion

Re: vtx 1800 wth Champion conversion

Hey, Joe, can you adjust the fall away on Hondas like we can on Harleys? I haven't seen anyone mention this yet concerning the front end set up on Hondas.
Yes. By tightening the nut on the bottom of the trees I installed it will adjust the fall away. In fact the guy who I bought/and machined the trees came to my house to help us set that up. He said the tree should not drop when let go, should almost fall very slowly.
Appreciate all your input. Been speaking with the gentleman from Woodys and he has said that with a trike and the inherent front end wooble , he says will be more pronounced with a fairing that he doesn't feel the memphis windsheild brakets are enough to hold it securley and recomends a system that mounts directly to forks.
Call Glenn (Woody) and ask if his can be mounted to your forks. Send him the picture also. I believe yours is a Spec 2or3.

Re: vtx 1800 wth Champion conversion

Yes. By tightening the nut on the bottom of the trees I installed it will adjust the fall away. In fact the guy who I bought/and machined the trees came to my house to help us set that up. He said the tree should not drop when let go, should almost fall very slowly.
Call Glenn (Woody) and ask if his can be mounted to your forks. Send him the picture also. I believe yours is a Spec 2or3.

Glen is who I have been working with--had everything in line but just found another "wrinkle" in the plan. The Model F witch I have has a 7" headlight all the others have 9".
Glen is afraid it won't look right with a 9" opening around the headlight.
Yes ,his do hook directly to forks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png