Watching The Gulf Hurricane Michael

Jack Klarich

18000+ Posts
Oct 11, 2016
Jax, Fla USA
Brothers and sisters, Keep an eye on the gulf

This storm is getting stronger

data=_OlwiAvtWPe90mLO97FgdQd3rJ9UgMgCVZFodWuCcTZc8-9eDyPsrL2uvITLbElCLjH2K11z-vMW0zQyh4cyDxNFCqWQwhgB4buJlJotlfQx09_N_IQskilgrdPTIO1SVEnaefTYamkSSBAZ7qVdqEoowBhbWEzL2Lyfr6FlISTCV7go2vl8vCmgQ55z0X6k0nNioo5bLGFi-rKPQEQ9YpGdPKXQQbn03s-UkUhLYp8r3apYv4Nf
data=_OlwiAvtWPe90mLO97FgdQd3rJ9UgMgCVZFodWuCcTZc8-9eDyPsrL2uvITLbElCLjH2K11z-vMW0zQyh4cyDxNFCqWQwhgB4buJlJotlfQx09_N_IQskilgrdPTIO1SVEnaefTYamkSSBAZ7qVdqEoowBhbWEzL2Lyfr6FlISTCV7go2vl8vCmgQ55z0X6k0nNioo5bLGFi-rKPQEQ9YpGdPKXQQbn03s-UkUhLYp8r3apYv4Nf

It was just upgraded to a Cat 3 hurricane. To all our members, family & friends in the area, please heed the warnings. This looks like it will still have 50mph winds when it hits the Carolinas.

Keep everyone in the panhandle in your prayers especially our own Ed Bruette and his family as he is dealing with healing up from his wreck in Maggie Valley this year!

I received a text from Ed last night at 10:22 PM.

Ed states that the family is "out of the cone of probability" but do expect some wind and rain.

Tonight's evening news update is 6 dead. Devastation all over the panhandle.

Panama City, Eastpoint, Mexico Beach. Hi way 98 torn up also.

Lots of damage. One has to wonder about building codes and construction inspections in Florida. More concerned with my Navy grandson and family in Norfolk. They're ground zero for the remains of Charlie dumping several days of rain on them.

Lots of damage. One has to wonder about building codes and construction inspections in Florida. More concerned with my Navy grandson and family in Norfolk. They're ground zero for the remains of Charlie dumping several days of rain on them.

The codes were fine, They were made for the proverbial 100 year storm,.. Its just this one raised the bar a few more notches.....

Florida is very strict on building codes

Ask any one that has been turned down by an insurance company;)

The grandson and family got through ok. Lots of rain and high winds, but all is good where they live. Big sigh of relief.

The 'code' comments resulted from a 60 Minutes report many years ago following a cat five storm many years ago that flattened entire (new) developments in Florida. Investigations revealed very shoddy construction methods and the use of "drive by and approve" inspections by governmental personnel. I'd imagine that resulted in a lot of rather significant changes since then.

I continue to watch news stories coming out from this hurricane & the pictures are devastating .

Panama City & Mexico Beach were just devistated with 80-90% building destruction.

I continue to watch news stories coming out from this hurricane & the pictures are devastating .

Panama City & Mexico Beach were just devistated with 80-90% building destruction.

Looks like Thunder on the Beach may not happen in the spring with all the clean up to be done

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png