What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Rode yesterday. After several rainy or windy days it was clear and sunny, in the low 50s when I left for a lunch ride and in the low 60s when I rode home. Good ride but I was a little nervous because a few days ago while riding this route I clipped a deer. I was doing about 60 MPH when she came running up out of a ditch and straight across the road in front of me. I hit the brakes and locked up the front wheel. Just before I would have hit her straight on she leaped in the air in an attempt to jump over me and I only clipped her back legs with the top edge of the windshield, the right hand mirror and my right arm. The windshield only had a small mark on the edge and the mirror didn't even break but was just loose. My arm had a small bruise on it but that was it! After checking the bike I went back and looked but the deer was gone so hopefully she was OK.

Fortunately I was only 5 miles from home so I was able to go home and change my pants! After 400,000 plus miles of riding this was the first time I ever hit a deer. Had a few close calls but never hit one. Sure has made me more alert! Someone was watching over me!

Sunman

Man Danny, I just read this...so glad your okay brother

Glad your getting out Harrison.

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm supposed to go to my sons house early afternoon.

I may go for a short ride around noon.....I need to test my stamina, so a 1 hour ride would be perfect.

Enjoy your ride, you have earned it:clapping:

Reactions: MDO
Thanks, I thinking I will just ride down Page Avenue extension & turn around and come back.

I'm feeling pretty good, but just want to see how I feel after that.

I have a SB watch party to go to after that, so hopefully I won't wear myself out.:cool:

Well, I did not get a ride in, I just wasn't feeling it. It's a shame as we set a record with a 70° day.

Rain Tuesday & light snow Wednesday.

I'll be on the road soon enough.:cool:

Rode about 100 miles. While out I swung by my dealer for a cup of coffee and to pick up a Screamin' Eagle air cleaner and Pro Street Tuner to finish up Stage 1. We've got some rain in the forecast Wednesday, that might be a good day to get it installed and download the map.

Installed the SE high flow air cleaner I got Monday and did the base Stage 1 download. I'm leaving it with the base calibration until I ride it a bit and decide if it needs some auto tune rides to tweak it a little.

Here in STL, we are in the grip of some nasty winter weather, with drizzle, freezing rain (off & on), cloudy skies & cold temps.

I hope everyone else is fairing better, weather wise. :)

Here in STL, we are in the grip of some nasty winter weather, with drizzle, freezing rain (off & on), cloudy skies & cold temps.

I am putting miles on for you brother, hope you are getting stronger each day;)

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO

Sure hope it's not too bad. Here in the greater Memphis area we had an extremely severe ice storm on this day in 1994. All the falling tree limbs took out power lines and left over 300k homes with no power - some like my parents for almost a month as the utility worked on repairing the damages that affected the most people and worked their way on down to single locations like my parents.

They say you don't miss you water 'til the well runs dry. I can say without a doubt you'll miss you power immediately!

Thank goodness we've not had anything nearly as severe since then . . . and I sure hope none of us do!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png