What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Ordered a 15" light tint windshield from Freedom Shields for my '19 FW.

Please let us know how you like the shield after you get a chance to test it, and we will of course need pics.

Axe and ye shall receive Mike. :D

I really like it, much lower profile than that HD 20" tall slab I had on it before. I'm 5'10" or so and my line of sight is a couple inches over the top of it. It still breaks the wind and I didn't feel any buffeting at all. The top has a slight curve towards the front and that helps deflect the wind. It's a tad thicker than the HD windshield, about .030" I believe, and is really sturdy.

I live on the other side of that bridge, it's 4.5 miles across. I got over 75mph going across and even at that speed it felt fine with no helmet buffeting.

FWIW, just to the east of the bridge is the Newport News Shipbuilding where the nuclear carrier John F. Kennedy is being built. They pulled the plug in the dry dock a few months ago and floated her out, she's now sitting in the water being outfitted. It's a big river. And deep. ;)

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

James River bridge

IMG_1397.jpeg

Hi ole_phart, That is a great looking windshield.:clapping: I have had a look at the website and it says "no hardware included", what do you get and what else would i need to fit one on my

2020 Freewheeler? I have got the rubber mounts on my forks but nothing else so do I also need to buy a fitting kit of some sort?

Just wish there were companies like this in the UK :Shrug: . Trying to find a screen and/or fairing company where you can visit them, ask questions and see the product is impossible.

Thanks Nick

Hi ole_phart, That is a great looking windshield.:clapping: I have had a look at the website and it says "no hardware included", what do you get and what else would i need to fit one on my

2020 Freewheeler? I have got the rubber mounts on my forks but nothing else so do I also need to buy a fitting kit of some sort?

Just wish there were companies like this in the UK :Shrug: . Trying to find a screen and/or fairing company where you can visit them, ask questions and see the product is impossible.

Thanks Nick

You have to have a HD windshield and you remove the hardware from it. That way it fits great and you have the quick release feature.

You have an option here and thats to buy a used one on Ebay to get the hardware cheaper.

As far as I know, all the after market windshields are replacement “plastic” only. You would need the braces, brackets, etc. Road King hardware should work, but I would do a trial fit before purchasing. There may also be some smaller handle bar mount assemblies sold as a complete unit. Good luck.

As far as I know, all the after market windshields are replacement “plastic” only. You would need the braces, brackets, etc. Road King hardware should work, but I would do a trial fit before purchasing. There may also be some smaller handle bar mount assemblies sold as a complete unit. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, It seems like I need to buy a HD standard windshield ( £386/ $500 ) and then remove the standard plastic to even get started :gah: oh well, you can't take it with you I suppose :) .

I think am going to need a taller than standard plastic as my seat is raised up a bit. Does anyone have a floor to top of the shield measurement so I can work out what I am likely to need. I am guessing the shield measurement is from the top of the curve to the top of the screen? My eyes are 62" from ground level, thanks

You never know, a stock shield may work fine. Be sure you are satisfied with your seat and decide if you may want a lift kit. Those two things can dramatically affect windshield height.

Whether you want to look through or well over the shield can also affect the amount of tint you can use.

I took the long way to the grocery store and back. In the parking lot an older couple came over to check out my Freewheeler and asked a lot of questions including would I consider selling it. That kind of left me speech less. I said yes and gave them my number.;)

You could try buying a damaged/used HD shield on Ebay to get the mounting hardware.

Yes I have been looking but even when the adverts say they fit the Freewheeler they are obviously not the correct fitment. I have seen ads showing the measurements between the mounting points between 11 and 14.5 inches but both saying they are from the Freewheeler. One may come up soon, fingers crossed

Looking in the HD parts catalogue there isn't a seperate hardware kit for the Freewheeler, it comes fitted on the screen rather than as a seperate item which is a shame.

Congrats on your purchase. I bought that seat a while back and love it. It puts me in a much better position & I even did a 600 mile day on the way back from Colorado and did not think about the seat. Please post pictures when you return.

We are having an unbelievable week, weather wise. Through Saturday they are forcasting 72° highs & 50 for lows. Not bad for November. I have yard work, car work & VA appointments scheduled, but I will squeeze a ride or 2 in.:cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png