What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Added this really cool HD Clock this morning ... loved it when I saw it in the posts from priell3 and JTJersey. Thought it looked great and the quality is exactly what I expected from HD. So for versatility it also worked out right for me. priell3 mounted his right side low, JT inside the fairing and I put it left side high. Love it ...

IMG_7678.jpeg IMG_7677.jpg IMG_7676.jpg

I got tired of having to get a screwdriver to take my seat off, you got to remove the seat to adjust the rear shocks, anyway I am cheap so I found a furniture eye bolt I had laying around

The threads were right so I sawed it off and chased the threads, painted it gloss black

Now I can turn it on and off by hand, I will get my wife to snap a pic I( I am camera challenged)

I found a pic online that looks very similar to what I started with

7967-shoulder-eye-bolts-stainless-steel-type-316-1-x-9-l.02.350.jpg

I got tired of having to get a screwdriver to take my seat off, you got to remove the seat to adjust the rear shocks, anyway I am cheap so I found a furniture eye bolt I had laying around. The threads were right so I sawed it off and chased the threads, painted it gloss black. Now I can turn it on and off by hand, I will get my wife to snap a pic I( I am camera challenged)

I found a pic online that looks very similar to what I started with
7967-shoulder-eye-bolts-stainless-steel-type-316-1-x-9-l.02.350.jpg

My only concern is making it a bit easier for thieves to take your seat. I did get a couple of these over the winter looking for tie down points for gear with my sissy bar attached. Strapping to the bar itself doesn't work very well, especially at speed. Was going to paint them black, but found something that worked out a bit better that was already powder coated black and didn't interfere with mounting the sissy bar.

IMG_20230205_145926093.jpg IMG_20230207_101247680.jpg IMG_20230209_194526879.jpg

My only concern is making it a bit easier for thieves to take your seat. I did get a couple of these over the winter looking for tie down points for gear with my sissy bar attached. Strapping to the bar itself doesn't work very well, especially at speed. Was going to paint them black, but found something that worked out a bit better that was already powder coated black and didn't interfere with mounting the sissy bar.

View attachment 113135 View attachment 113136 View attachment 113137

Yeah JT, I thought about the theft thing, the OEM seat screw can be removed using a coin from your pocket. If they want to steal your seat they will get it no matter what we do, I'd rather they steal the trike, it is insured for full replacement value thanks to Jim Palmer

I like the tie downs you put on, very big plus IMO

D.E.I 901045 and Heim Joints

Finished the installation of the Design Engineering Inc. 901045 Heat Shield Liners on my 2019 FLRT which fit perfectly. Kudos to D.E.I. for their expertise in creating the product. $67.50 w/Free shipping from an Ebay vendor located in Centerberg OH. Yep, small town is geographically in the center of Ohio. Installed heim joints on the stock linkage on my wife's FatBoy Lo as well as my FLRT. Hoping to get out for a ride later today to test the results. Having read so many other's opinions regarding the stock shifter joints...pressed into place with questionable life expectancy....I opted for Stainless Steel heim joints. Had to order 4 Cap screws from Beach House H-D...Harley part #4192. Easy-peasy installation with thanks to various YouTubers. As for Seat Post Screw...I opted for a Stainless 1/4-20 x 2 inch Allen-Drive Cap screw. The Mustang seat made it difficult to use any other type of bolt. Plus the security of the Allen-Drive....keeping a set of Hex Keyes in the trunk.

D.E.I. 901045

I mistakenly stated that the D.E.I. 901045 was $87.50 w/Free Shipping. Major error. The Kit was and remains today $69.70 w/Free Shiiping.. Yes, Ebay adds State Tax, but one heck of a deal nonetheless. A major measurable decrease in felt engine heat. I also use a Captain Itch Crotch Cooler. Not saying that the combination is akin to having an A/C unit....but a close 2nd..maybe (?) for both Rider and Passenger.

End of a 3 week project

Hello,

This is the last 3 weeks or so

added driving lights, luggage rack DK cooling fins, since I live in Arizona, Hogworkz mid mount air deflectors, also S&S 55 mil manifold and NICECNC Fuel Injector Rail Fuel Rail, also put in LED eagle rears, and led headlight, and a K&N air filter. I also got a softail tranny lid and vented it.

From Sierra Vista, AZ

Attachments

• bike 2.jpg
    bike 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png