What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Installed 14" Pro-action Shocks and Comfort Lift Kit today.

Now I want to meet the gorilla that put on the stock shocks. Whoever torque these shock bolts needs a reminder to read the torque setting. Needless to say, I could not put the shocks on with the body in place. Couldn't get enough leverage on the bolts. Removed the body and was able to use a breaker bar to break the bolts lose. everything went somewhat smooth from there. One thing I had to do was to drop the exhaust to get the Comfort Lift Kit holes to line up. The removal and re-install of the body went smooth as silk. WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN THE RIDE compared to stock shocks and the pro-action. Bumps are definitely, no longer bone jarring!!!!

Now I want to meet the gorilla that put on the stock shocks. Whoever torque these shock bolts needs a reminder to read the torque setting. Needless to say, I could not put the shocks on with the body in place. Couldn't get enough leverage on the bolts. Removed the body and was able to use a breaker bar to break the bolts lose. everything went somewhat smooth from there. One thing I had to do was to drop the exhaust to get the Comfort Lift Kit holes to line up. The removal and re-install of the body went smooth as silk. WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN THE RIDE compared to stock shocks and the pro-action. Bumps are definitely, no longer bone jarring!!!!

The Gorilla's name was probably was Loctite.....They use a Dry Loctite [Almost like wax] So that when the bolt is tighten it makes a chemical reaction to insure that they stay tight..

Hey Robert.... I'm Paul, a "Newbie" to the Trike community. Did you have your kw 2+2's installed at the dealer or did you do the work?? How did you measure what size bars you needed?? Thanks..

To get a rough idea sit on the trike close your eyes stretch out your hands Without leaning forward like you were holding the bars and if it feels comfortable that will give you a starting point/idea....

Hey Paul,

Here's a video of what rhino is talking about. Getting the right bars for you can make a big difference.

Kevin

The Gorilla's name was probably was Loctite.....They use a Dry Loctite [Almost like wax] So that when the bolt is tighten it makes a chemical reaction to insure that they stay tight..

You more than right! But, there was no way I was going to break those bolts with the body on. It went real fast after the body was removed.

It is a great ride. When it gets to service time on the front forks consider doing them as well our old trike no longer nose dives when you stop. And the handling improved a 100% congratulations on the upgrade.

Stage II done

Had my '17 TG in the shop this week. Just got a new air cleaner assembly, new mufflers, new cam, lifters and pushrods. A cat delete and a tune. Runs a lot better and a little louder. Sounds like a Harley now.:D

Had my '17 TG in the shop this week. Just got a new air cleaner assembly, new mufflers, new cam, lifters and pushrods. A cat delete and a tune. Runs a lot better and a little louder. Sounds like a Harley now.:D

Cool what cam & lifters did you use ?

Washed the trike but not on purpose, lol. We went for a breakfast run, about 50 miles round trip, a nice 60 degrees and sunny, we hadn't left the restaurant after eating and got more than a mile when it started raining, too late for the rain gear so we just headed home. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Washed the trike but not on purpose, lol. We went for a breakfast run, about 50 miles round trip, a nice 60 degrees and sunny, we hadn't left the restaurant after eating and got more than a mile when it started raining, too late for the rain gear so we just headed home. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Sometimes when you get caught in the rain by the time you pull over and put on rain gear you'er already wet and it doesn't matter so you just ride it out...ThumbUp...

Aint it great livin in The Sunshine State:p

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png