What did you do to your Trike this week?

Windshield bag...

Well I purchased Windshield bag on sale entry level just to see if I could use it or not. It may be OK for Old Shiney seems well made and it should hold a pile of stuff if ya kno. what I mean.DSC00552.JPGDSC00554.JPGDSC00551.JPGDSC00556.JPG I also switched to a 6" LRS flat top just to see how it would work picked it up at the internet garage sale on LRS website last fall. seems to work well have to wait for verdict from passenger about keeping 6" she liked the 9" flat top. Ride safely Fred

Attachments

• DSC00550.JPG
    DSC00550.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 153
Check out the Goldwing section Fuzz is pumped up about Fat Bottom II read his post.

Yes Sir ... very pumped :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:... she mine and she is fine .. My favorite thing is the PO didn't put a bunch of bling on her. She's almost nekid. Today I added the Butler drink Holder that has been on every bike since my first 01 Wing and the Kury ergo II highway peg mounts and the dual ISO pegs with the switchblade extension. The great thing was, since they just came off Tweety, they were already adjusted for me (took a couple hours on Tweety to get them perfect. All I have left is the battery tender pigtail, the electric connection for the heated gear and I'm gonna need a new windshield.

Removed Chrome rotor covers

Bought the Silver Streak GW/RS used. Noticed that there was an obnoxious buzz about 1700 rpm/certain speeds and intermittantly during braking. I thought it was something under the upper or lower cowling causing it. I had tightened everything in sight.

I had decided to take off the rotor covers, personal preference, and found that two bolts to secure them were not installed under the cover, also one bolt had been cross threaded and the bolt head twisted off (Headbang) whilst removing it. (Thankfully nothing else attached with it. Probably leave well enough alone. ) Obviously it was a bad job of installation.

The buzzing is now gone! Something to check if you have a strange noise/buzzing in the front end.

You guys are making me look bad! LOL I told myself to change the air filter on my Wing, guess what.. still have the old one in place, while you guys are adding, pockets, holders, pegs, and other great things to make your ride better!

But, in all fairness, the NH weather is not granting me time to work on my trike, as it is going to take me a good day to get everything apart. I do not have a garage like some people so I have to make sure Mother Nature is giving me a couple of fair weather days, and lately, it hasn't happened!

I look at some of the pictures you posted working in a garage, great looking lifts, it looks so nice, that I am jealous. But hey, we all have difficulties to work around, and I guess I know mine!

So, my hats off to you, great job on your special projects you have accomplished!

Rosy

Rosy, I agree, the weather has not been very good this year. I still have an entire list of parts to put on my trike but not having a garage prevents or really limits the time available to work on it.

Hopefully before the 4th I will get a few more things added such as my new grips, Mic Mute, Horns and gear indicator. That will leave me about 3 or 4 things to take care of and it will be finished, well, at least until I decide to change things.:D

We need to hook up and get with Pete and do some riding in the area or maybe up the coast of Maine...

Installed a slightly taller (2 inches") Clearview windshield with a slight curve to it. Hoping it will throw the bugs higher than my nose and glasses. I'll check it out in the morning.

Verdict is in

Passenger voted to keep 6" flat top windshield says it is fine I like it as well. I would not have thought a windshield 3" shorter would be doing the same job with the wind Humm. Now wait for sale and get a dark tint. or just paint this one Black or a dark Gray... :Shrug:travel safely Fred

Attachments

• DSC00550.JPG
    DSC00550.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 172
IMG_3076.JPG

Here is mine..stops rain, bugs, wind, but you need to look through it..No distortion looking through.

Not everybody likes them this high, but I really don't like wind in face, beause my glasses are my eyes, so when a bug hits my glasses, I can not see. As they say, to each their own!

That's why to build your own ride, like no one else's!

Rosy

Woke at 4am this morning. Pretty normal for me ... but then I go to bed around 9pm .. LOL.

Well, I tore my remote apart for the Wing. It wasn't working to unlock the trike. Found a tiny bit of corrosion on the circuit board. Didn't look like the culprit, but cleaned it up anyway.

Went out to the garage to test it out. Remote worked great. all the functions now work.

Of course, there is always the adage, "No good deed goes unpunished." When I pressed the outside keypad to close the garage, the door came down about a foot then the right spring broke. Of course the door jammed, cocked, and was about a foot lower on the right side. I was able to get it almost all the way up and get the trike out. I spent the next two hours taking the door apart to get it closed. Still gotta call someone to get the spring replaced. Messing with the springs on the garage door is one of the things that is in my "don't do myself" list. A friend of mine got smacked by the spring on his and fell off his ladder. Broke two ribs and his right arm. Them critters bite.

As for the windshield on my trike, don't know what it is because it was there when I bought the trike. The one thing I will tell you is, it is great, ask my wife, she loves how it takes the wind and puts it over her head, along with the rain...

I will be taking the trike apart soon after the Holiday to put in a new air filter, so I may see if there's is a trade mark on the lower half which I can't see. As far as I know it has been on the trike since they tricked it back in 2002 and it has served well, no scratches on it, but the only thing I use on the windshield is Dawn and Honda spray cleaner when I am on the road.

as for the radio, tell our friends on this site what you are trying to do and I am sure somebody has done it. That's the beauty of this site, so many trikes, someone has done it before you, or knows where to go for help. I find YouTube helps me a lot when working on my trike. Like I said, air filter will be done with the help of YouTube, they have many videos on , How To! Try it!

Dennis & Pete, will let you guys know about the Meet & Greet on the NH site, OK!

Rosy

Your doin it all wrong - Call your son! :confused:

I did, Early in the day, He set up the phone... But he does the stuff so fast, And expects this brain thats still in the Am tube radio format to remember the sequence's 5 seconds after he shows which buttons do what...Right now the dealer gave me a Thumb/Stick???

that plugs into a port in the dash compartment and it has 5 thousand songs in it..And thats all i need for now...Kids now days have no patients, With us old guys....

Its a good thing my Sons were born after me, Or they wouldn't have my wisdom to impart to their children...:xzqxz:

Well, old people have to take drastic measures, like I do, write the instructions down after you play the video 20 times(LOL), then you are off and running, but like I do, where did I put those instructions? Stupid door jams! (Hope you remember from passed threads)

I am about to TACKLE the air filter change, should take me all day to write the instructions down! Then the other day to do the work! LOL

Rosy

Good luck Rosy, I refuse to do that damn air filter. I pay a friend to do it, very through. My sanity, and something I would screw up is worth more than I pay him. I'm good at oil changes, and minor stuff, and that's about it.

Here is the problem, on a trip, my alternator broke, had a shop do it, they broke the tabs on my cowl, said it was like that, couldn't prove it, so they wouldn't have to buy a new one at about $500.

Jury rigged the cowl on, will take more time than the shop would allow, they charge $174, to do to job and at $85/hour, would cost a lot more...

So, need to do it. But, if I had a scope to see my air cleaner, I would know if I needed to do it right now..Oh well, bite the bullet and do it! LOL

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png