What did you do to your Trike this week?

Yes, please post pictures. Like to see how the new windshield looks on.

Rosy

Carla, well I did the windshield, but SpyderPops did the lighting. Harvey and Arron took good care of me, and fed me hot dogs for lunch. Watching them video the box light install was fun (they are using it on there website, it's a new item for them). I will post when I get wrap accents on.

Rosy, here is the pics of my new F4 windshield. Easy to install, so I did it and I'm happy with it. Wider and taller is good! It's what I needed. image.jpeg

I also have a tall windscreen, which I love. Question: Do you look through your windscreen, or are you tall enough to look over it? I am short, so I look through mine, and lucky for me, there is no distortion!

Thank you for the pictures!

Rosy

There was an open space in our settling down, so I washed the trike and truck. Then took the trike for a short ride to the National Seashores and back. It was great to feel the wind in your hair after a few months of no riding. You never realize how much you miss something till you do it over again!

We are due for some nasty weather, so I will keep the trike in the garage for a few days, till it passes.

Maybe I can find LED lights and put them on. You can never have enough lights for night time driving!

Rosy

Rosy, As a follow on to my last post in here & as promised, the snow started about 45 minutes ago & is expected to continue into the night bringing 3~6 inches of accumulation.

Be glad you're where you are, & rain is all you might be dealing with! Ride safe.

I'd have PM'd that info to you instead of hijacking your thread, but....:Shrug:

Winter Maintenance!!! YUP, it is that time of year.

Soon as Thanksgiving Day passes I start watching the forecast to see when the next stretch of too wet or too cold for riding is coming and plan for that. Have had all the parts and supplies lined up for some time now. Mother Nature gave me the opening early this year so I can hopefully get some nice riding in over the winter.

Thus far the antifreeze and clutch fluid have been changed. Also removed both rear brake rotors and had the slight warpage removed. While doing that today I noticed my right tire was into the ware bars!!! I'm just going to have to slow down on those twisties........ NOT!! New tires will be here on the 7th so I can have them mounted and Road Force Balanced.. In the meantime, I'll replace the brake fluid and bleed the lines. Also will totally pull the drive shaft this year so it can be inspected closely.

In case you haven't guessed - I enjoy wrenching almost as much as I do riding...
:D :D

Finished the last two items this morning!! New set of tires to grip the road and a new set of EBC "Yellow Pads" to slow everything down!! :D :D

I put on the same tires Roadsmith supplied with the kit because I like the way they handle. Wish they lasted a bit longer but I'd much rather have grip and go than longevity. For anyone on the fence regarding these EBC "Yellow Pads" I have to say that I am truly impressed with the stopping. In the papers that accompanied the pads they warn about being cautious not to over brake for the first 200 miles. This allows the special break in coating to do it's magic from what they say.

I know there are several guys out there with the EBC pads. What is your take on their initial stopping power compared to after break in? :xszpv::xszpv:

Finished the last two items this morning!! New set of tires to grip the road and a new set of EBC "Yellow Pads" to slow everything down!! :D :D

I put on the same tires Roadsmith supplied with the kit because I like the way they handle. Wish they lasted a bit longer but I'd much rather have grip and go than longevity. For anyone on the fence regarding these EBC "Yellow Pads" I have to say that I am truly impressed with the stopping. In the papers that accompanied the pads they warn about being cautious not to over brake for the first 200 miles. This allows the special break in coating to do it's magic from what they say.

I know there are several guys out there with the EBC pads. What is your take on their initial stopping power compared to after break in? :xszpv::xszpv:

Thats all i used on all my bikes [EBC] after the stock ones wore down...

One caveat though, Usually when you change pads the old ones are worn, So right out of the box new pads are going to feel/seem much better then the one's you just took off

Same go's for shock absorbers.....:Shrug:

Thats all i used on all my bikes [EBC] after the stock ones wore down...

One caveat though, Usually when you change pads the old ones are worn, So right out of the box new pads are going to feel/seem much better then the one's you just took off

Same go's for shock absorbers.....:Shrug:

Bob, these particular pads are touted to be extra special. They are supposed to be the "Silver Bullet" for stopping power on Roadsmith trikes. I'm just wondering if I can look forward to that sort of performance or will things go the way you mentioned. The pads I took off were hardly worn after nearly 30K so I'm thinking they weren't gripping all that well from the get go... If I stood on the peddle I could squawk the rear tires so I know they had stopping power but one really had to make it happen.. :xszpv::xszpv:

Got all my winter maintenance done last week. Was still warm enough in garage without turning the heat on. Now today, high of 28* & lite snow all day in sw Ohio, looks like 1 1/2" now.

Got all my winter maintenance done last week. Was still warm enough in garage without turning the heat on. Now today, high of 28* & lite snow all day in sw Ohio, looks like 1 1/2" now.

I'd say that I wish I was there Bill but that would be the lie of all lies!! Spent my first 19 years growing up in northern Wisconsin. Can't say I miss the cold and SNOW !! When I'd go visit my folks during the winter, standing at the picture window looking out was just beautiful. Then I'd go outside and remember why I retired in Texas twenty six years ago. :xszpv::xszpv:

Need help, EBC pads, are they made for any car manufacture or for specific vehicles?

On your trike, what brand of brakes are used, Ford, Nissan, Toyota? Like mine are 1998 CRV Honda...

My tuner told me, the reason your pads are not worn is because they are larger than needed to stop the vehicle's weight. HHMM, is it true? I know I can "light up" my tires when stopping. I need front pads twice as much as the rears, as a matter of fact, the trike is a 2002 and still have the original pads.

Thanks,

Rosy

Rosy---EBC pads are sold by vehicle mfg., model, year. Here's a link to a good source that I've been using the better part of 30 years, but you'll need to know if your calipers are from the front or rear of the Car/SUV. https://www.summitracing.com/search...s?SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending&N=400528

As you will see in the link, there are many "colors" of EBC brand pads to choose from. You'll need to decide which is best for your style of riding.

Hope that helps...

First "plowable" of the season, but in reality we woke up to about 3" of heavy wet stuff. Driving a plow truck is the best part of any snow storm! :laugh:....

I did push the trike out of the garage and give it a once over. Talked to her a bit and then put her back in the garage. I promised no matter what that I would let her stretch her legs on 1 January 2018. Jim

Hi Jim. My son and I also have a tradition of riding on New Years day, weather permitting. This was taken on New Years day about 35 miles from home.

KIMG0135.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png