What do you say when people ask you how much dat cost?

I just tell them an approximate figure combining the initial cost and adding in all of the accessories I've added. As many others have also said, the expression on most their faces is one of shock, lol.

If we are stopped at a traffic light and someone sticks their head out the window to ask, we say TOO MUCH! If we are parked somewhere we usually give them a close idea. We were in, can't remember the name of the town, on a Navajo Reservation, north of Holbrook, AZ. We had stopped to eat lunch at a Hardees'. This family was walking in as we were getting our gear off to go inside. They had a teenager with them that appeared to be physically challenged. He looked at me with the biggest broadest grin on his face and gave me three or four thumbs up. I think that was one of my best memories of anyone admiring my trike. We get asked that question alot. I really don't consider it rude, but every person has their own opinion on that.

It depends on who it is and how they ask, I try not to be rude or appear smarty to anybody. I usually answer according to how much interest I think they really have in wanting to know. Let them have their dream.

I tell them the approx. cost plus add-ons. The looks on some people's faces is priceless. Those looks are sometimes very entertaining for my wife and me. Lotsa laughs later.

“ What do ya think it cost “

Now THAT'S a good answer. Will use it in the future. But the thread that suggested to ask how much the person weighs is the best one for getting the point across I think.

PC

I don't understand why this question is so bothersome to most people. I just tell them what I paid. What do I care if they know. What do I care if they don't like the answer. What do I care what others think, good or bad. Never understood the secrecy of what someone paid for something. If someone asks, maybe they are thinking about getting one or maybe they're just curious.....who cares. I just answer the question and any other questions they may have. Doesn't bother me one bit and it shouldn't bother anyone else.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png