What kind of rain gear do you have and why ?

I once read most rain related motorcycle accidents are from motorcyclist pulling to the side of the road to put their rain gear on. Car drivers don't see them in the deluge and run into them.:Shrug:

I have a very old set of Frog Togs ... they kind of look like they are made of Tyvek, I think they may be. The top and bottoms might weigh about a pound total. They fold up to a tiny bag and will fit over anything I wear. there is a zipper on the pants at the bottom that helps get them on over boots and a heat shield on the right leg.

I've worn these in torrential downpours in 80* temps and stayed cool and dry. They aren't much good for real cold, but, I have snow pants and layers of jackets for that. And yes, the frog togs will fit over the snow pants. I also have electric gloves and socks ... I do look like an Umpa Lumpa, but, I'm warm and dry.

I've gone to a layering system because of my locale. I can leave home and the temp is 65*, within an hour I can be in 30* temps with rain or snow, and hour after that, I could be in 80* temps.

I have a light weight jacket (HD) that is water proof, under that I have an electric jacket liner, under that I have a quilted jacket (HD) and/or a mesh jacket (HD), I stay toasty. The outer jacket and the electric liner zip together so you just have one zipper to remove them. I rarely use the quilted liner, but, it's there if I need it. I like to put the mesh jacket under the electric liner, acts like a thermal blanket.

On the bottom I have my riding pants (these are the kind you can unzip the bottom and make them shorts) and if it's cold, my snow pants.

The Frog Togs will fit over all of it. :D

Joe Rocket

We picked up two sets from Leather Up on sale really nice Black and reflective Yellow. we keep them in the trunk in vac. bags saving space.

:good: travel safe Fred

I carried rain gear in my bikes for 25 plus years , But i was always too stubborn to pull over and put it on, So i got wet and then i figured why bother to put dry gear on over wet clothes...AKA; Closing the barn door........So i would Keep on riding because you can't get any wetter than wet right?......And also It can't rain forever so eventually you'll air dry...:laugh:..

Makes sense to me. :D

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png