What Mufflers on your HD ?

May 11, 2013
SUN CITY WEST. ARIZONA
Morning all. I can't stand havin this Bike so quiet ! Mine is all still stock 2014. I've alway had a nice sounding muffler on all 8 of my 2 Wheelers. But the trike is a different animal all together. So tell me if you don't mind what slip on's your running on your 14 or 15. Thanks :cool:

I will be following this thread too. Mine is still stock and I'm wondering if just slip-ons will make a difference or should I de-cat and do a stage 1 also.

Morning all. I can't stand havin this Bike so quiet ! Mine is all still stock 2014. I've alway had a nice sounding muffler on all 8 of my 2 Wheelers. But the trike is a different animal all together. So tell me if you don't mind what slip on's your running on your 14 or 15. Thanks :cool:
Hey Rick, mine & Christine's both still have the cat. in the head pipes. I have the Vance & Hines Twin Slash slip-ons that you've heard & she has the 3.5 in. Rienharts with the High flow baffles that I had on the 2012. I like the sound of them better than mine.

V&HPower Dual, Rush Big Luies 2.0 in baffle.

I started with just the slip on Rush Big Luies 2.0 in baffle. Made a good sound improvement, but then wanted to get rid of the CAT to help with heat issues. Once going to the V&HPower Dual the sound got better.

If just for sound slip on will probably do the job, and not cost as much.

Do a search for mufflers and you will find more threads on this subject than your computer can hold... It may even blow up... stand back! ;)

I will be following this thread too. Mine is still stock and I'm wondering if just slip-ons will make a difference or should I de-cat and do a stage 1 also.

I would suggest a strong look at the Kuryakn Crusher slip-ons. I have them on my 2013 Trike with the 120r motor with the Fuel Moto performance head pipes and really like the combination. I was also very much concerned with the performance as well as sound. I had them on my 2008 Ultra as well. The packing is SS and will not burn out like fiberglass packing. They really bark when you get on the Throttle, but settle down to a nice rumble at cruise.

Good luck with whatever you decide to install.

Roger

Fulsac headpipe and CVO cans w/2" Fulsac cores...stock AC and no tune... runs and sounds great...the main thing to do is do away with the Cat...

VTwin 2.jpg

Well, I have a 2015 Freewheeler and its a bit shorter than the TriGlide. The Freewheeler being a new model and different from the TriGlide sort of makes the options limited at this time. I did not want the extra sticking out the back and really not liking any of the existing slip-ons offered for it, I took a different approach.

I drilled out the stock muffler baffles and then I replaced them with a set of Vance & Hines, Short-Shot replacement baffles (modified the stock mufflers to hold the baffles in with a bolt and a spacer).

I was very pleased with the results - got a bit more response in the throttle and a very nice sound - it cost me less than $100.00 and 45 minutes of my time......

And, it looks virtually stock, you could not tell unless I told you.

I do plan to install a "Decat-ed" head-pipe soon as well - I bought it already. (I just had Roeders weld in some 18mm Bungs in the replacement de-catted, headpipe, up by the heads for Wide-Band O2 or stock O2 relocation - I figured get it done then I can adapt to just about any Tuner offered).

Next, I want to get that replacement headpipe ceramic coated and then will install it and a new SE intake - then comes the Tune.

Well, that is the plan.........

On the mufflers, I like mufflers with removable baffles, I find them better made in general and I think easier to modify and tune if needed or wanted.

Springman

Rinehart true duals . Great sound and performance. pretty tame loping around distinct sound when under throttle. # 1 in my book.

also helps with the dreaded passenger "hot right foot syndrome"

I'm the exception to the rule on this subject.
Completely stock on my 2014 - love the sound - almost too loud after 6 hours on the highway - thankfully I have the updated sound system to help drown out the noise.
Can't even imagine anything louder.

Compared to 5 years ago, Harley really improved the sound of the exhaust. My 2010 Limited was the first Harley that I thought had a decent sounding exhaust.

On my 2012 TG I had H-D Fatshotz installed (they looked good) - just a hair louder then stock. Not worth the extra money IMO.

I'm too old for all this loud exhaust crap - I don't need for people to look at me anymore while riding down the street.

When riding as a group I stay away from all the chapter members with loud pipes and it seems to be catching on - more and more members are staying away from them too.

The only good thing I can say about loud Harleys is that they at least sound better then loud UJM bikes. :)

I have a 2014 , stock decatted headpipe and I use Rush Big Louies 4" with 2" baffle. I'm happy ! 13,500 miles with them. Baffles can be changed for preference of sound , less expensive of most others , very good quality ,made in USA . Ebert

So far I'm like GARYD .... 6600 miles and all stock exhaust .... and it sounds great. I enjoy listening to my usb stick with all my favorite tunes on it from my CD collection. I just put all the "riding" songs on it.

If I was to change ... I would go with the 4" Reinharts as they are very mellow below 3000 rpms and that's were most of my Harley riding is at.

If I want to go fast I ride my ZRX 1200R. ThumbUp

Bob :Dorag:

I also have no problem hearing the sound system with the Rush Big Louie's, but my wife tells me that is why we went to the Boom Audio upgrade :pepper:I say it all is good she loved the sound of the pipes, and I got to convinced her we needed the stereo upgrade.:clapping:

Good move Fusionfool ! I just have the stock audio on the 2014 and it is quite adequate for us . Just wanted a little more rumble with the exhaust. LOL Ebert
Honestly. We could also hear the stereo OK with the Rush exhaust, but wanted the upgrade the stereo once we heard the BOOM demo the improvements to the sound quality, not for the volume.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png