What Was Your Favorite Bike?

My first motorcycle was a 1970 Norton 750 Commando "Fastback" ....

My1970Norton750Comando.jpg

.... I learned to ride a MC on it, it served me well, I traded it in 1975 on a still new '74 Triumph Trident.

Myfirst74Tridentfirstdayhome1.jpg

I played with the Trident some, changed exhaust every now and again, sometimes added some stop light grunt with a different sprocket, some tuning .... it would scream.

Myfirst74Tridentwithheaderand60toothsprocket.jpg

Even with stock quiet pipeset, that sprocket woke it up.

Myfirst74Tridentwithchrchaingardand60toothsprocket  .jpg

I bought a custom exhaust fromViking Exhaust in late '90s, use Dunstall Decibals on it since ... no more 3 to 1. All original paint, etc otherwise ..... still runs like a champ, one top end job .... Boyer ign, Typanium Reg/Rec, 19" rear wheel is in basement hanging up ... I guess this would be my favorite.

Below a couple years ago at McCormick Farm.

1025121507a.jpg

Still bellows the most beautiful sounds I have ever heard from a motorcycle, .... from any motorcycle.

allthreewide640x295_zps7f928fd0.jpg

In 1995 I bought a GL1200A and in 2004, a '97 GL1500SE Trike.

Oooops ....

forgot this one ..... Kawasaki 900 Z-1 with longer adj swing arm, Morris mags, intake / exhaust / cams / etc .... it was "scary fast" ..... and an "ill handling beast" (it was seen a few times at the local dragstrip with some crazy fool whose street name was "Delaware Payne" before I got it, it was fast with a road race slick and w-bars).

I got rid of it before it got rid of me. ThumbUp

Z-1903Kawwith4to1beautifulbikereally.jpg

No regrets about selling the Kaw .....
..... but I do wish I had kept the Norton closer.

Besides your current bike/trike, what was your favorite bike you've ever owned. Ive owned dozens over my lifetime starting out with mini bikes, small Hondas, Yamahas, etc. Its hard to pick a single favorite, but if I had to pick just one, my 1974 Honda CB750 in Flake Sunshine Orange would probably be it. It was my first big bike and was fast for its time and pretty classy. I bought it used but in cherry condition in 1978 and kept it for five years. I loved that bike and wish I still had it!

cb750orange-1.jpg

Post a pic of your bike or one like it if you can. To find pics, Google the year make and model of your bike, then click on
pictures and you should see plenty of pics to choose from. Thats what I did for the pic above, not my bike but just like it.​
/

Had the same bike in High School. but, my favorite was my first; the Cushmon Eagle with the sucide shifter.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png