What's Your Odometer Reading?

odometr

The top end was rebuilt at 98,000 miles under the extended warranty. The rear brake pads only get about 20,000 miles but overall I have not had any other problems.
I got the extended warranty that expires in 2020.
Keep it serviced and it should last a long time.

So no stage one no slip ons ext., everything stock> The reason I ask is I am trying to decide weather or not to do things to my freewheeler or just leave it stock (I worry about over heating the motor) felt heat doesn't bother me but I would like to get your kind of mileage.
PS where did you get such a long warranty I can only get 5 years after the factory warranty expires

Larry thats the most miles I have heard about on a TRI. Can you give us a run down on your maintenance and what you have had to do to keep her going.

thanks,
2011 HD Tri-Glide with stage 1
I purchased the Shield Service Program offered by my Harley Davidson dealer and they service the Trike every 5,000 miles. I am not mechanically inclined so it was a good purchase for me. They follow the scheduled service as listed in the back of the Owners Manual. Changing fluids and filters as scheduled. It also helps that my dealer has been great to work with and make the tech available if I have any questions.

Engine top end rebuild at 98,000 miles under the extended warranty.
The compensator and clutch bearing were replaced under the extended warranty. I am on the road in Texas so I don't have access to my records.
Everything else has been wear items
Drive Belt at 98,000 miles (no labor because they had it apart)
Battery at 64,660 (forgot the battery tender that winter)
Rear Rotors have been replaced twice (not sure why but pads wear and leave a 1/4 ridge around outside edge of rotor) I don't think I ride the rear brake, but am watching it closely.
6 front tires
3 sets of rear tires
3 sets of front brake pads
6 sets of rear brake pads

Overall I am very happy with my Tri, it does put off some heat, and if I was doing it over I am not sure I would have had the Stage 1 work done.

Ride Safe

odometer

2011 HD Tri-Glide with stage 1
I purchased the Shield Service Program offered by my Harley Davidson dealer and they service the Trike every 5,000 miles. I am not mechanically inclined so it was a good purchase for me. They follow the scheduled service as listed in the back of the Owners Manual. Changing fluids and filters as scheduled. It also helps that my dealer has been great to work with and make the tech available if I have any questions.

Engine top end rebuild at 98,000 miles under the extended warranty.
The compensator and clutch bearing were replaced under the extended warranty. I am on the road in Texas so I don't have access to my records.
Everything else has been wear items
Drive Belt at 98,000 miles (no labor because they had it apart)
Battery at 64,660 (forgot the battery tender that winter)
Rear Rotors have been replaced twice (not sure why but pads wear and leave a 1/4 ridge around outside edge of rotor) I don't think I ride the rear brake, but am watching it closely.
6 front tires
3 sets of rear tires
3 sets of front brake pads
6 sets of rear brake pads

Overall I am very happy with my Tri, it does put off some heat, and if I was doing it over I am not sure I would have had the Stage 1 work done.

Ride Safe
Was that warranty expensive? I am not sure we have it here in Canada but I don't think I could afford it with what the labour costs are here. I do all my own matinence except belts and such
Thanks you are very helpful and with your warranty you should get another 100 or so miles out of it

Was that warranty expensive? I am not sure we have it here in Canada but I don't think I could afford it with what the labour costs are here. I do all my own matinence except belts and such
Thanks you are very helpful and with your warranty you should get another 100 or so miles out of it

The HD dealer offered one extended warranty from Harley and one from Zurich Insurance. The one from Zurich covered more moving parts and cost about $2,200 back in 2013 and was good for 7 years. I went with Zurich.

Your bike is only a year older than mine Larry but you've put in some serious mileage. How do you find the time to do all that riding? Is the man chasing you? (Ha ha.) I gotta get busy and get some respectable mileage on our bike.

PC

Your bike is only a year older than mine Larry but you've put in some serious mileage. How do you find the time to do all that riding? Is the man chasing you? (Ha ha.) I gotta get busy and get some respectable mileage on our bike.

PC

I retired in January 2013, have a lot of time to ride and my wife likes to ride almost as much as I do. We plan 7 or 8 road trips a year, lasting anywhere from 3 or 4 days to 20 or 21 days.
We ride 5 or 6 times week at home.
Ride Safe

The top end was rebuilt at 98,000 miles under the extended warranty. The rear brake pads only get about 20,000 miles but overall I have not had any other problems.
I got the extended warranty that expires in 2020.
Keep it serviced and it should last a long time.
Wait, so total of 9 years on extended warranty on a 2011 TG? Wish I could have gotten that. My 2010 TG goes off extended end of this June. 110k currently on it. Engine rebuild at 85k. Too many other issues to want to dredge up. Backup 2004 FLH 2-wheeler has 123k. All original. Now that one was built well.

Wait, so total of 9 years on extended warranty on a 2011 TG? Wish I could have gotten that. My 2010 TG goes off extended end of this June. 110k currently on it. Engine rebuild at 85k. Too many other issues to want to dredge up. Backup 2004 FLH 2-wheeler has 123k. All original. Now that one was built well.

The extended warranty was only 7 years added at the end of the 2 year warranty from Harley when I purchased the Trike.

Yesterday, I took a nice long back country ride through the less traveled roads of Central Florida. Along the way, I realized my machine was about to pass (2) consecutive odometer milestones that can only happen once.

So I stopped the trike off to the side of the road and snapped the following odometer reading pictures:

View attachment 42652

This photo is the "Lucky Five Nines". Just as I was shooting this photo, a fellow two wheel biker stopped to ask if everything was ok. What a great feeling to know the heart and soul of the bike/trike community thrives and lives on.ThumbUp

I thanked him kindly.ThumbUp

I continued my journey for about another mile and the pulled off to the side off the road for the next picture.

View attachment 42653

Here, the odometer rolls to the magic 100K. Again, another 2 wheel biker stops and asks if I need some help. I am amazed at our bike community and I am forever grateful to their courtesy. ThumbUp

My trike is a 2009 Honda Goldwing that I have owned since mile 1. The 2016 CSC trike conversion kit now has 3K miles and was converted at 97K.

So, "What's Your Current Odometer Reading?"

Yes it is great to see that the spirit lives on in our world. I have only had my Spyder since June of 2015. It is a 2012 and only had 8500 miles on it when I bought it. It now sports 26,396. I rode it to work this morning and yesterday morning it has been so nice here in Central Utah.

2010 Honda Goldwing

30,781 miles on two wheels
120 miles on three wheels :clapping:I just got it back from conversion last week....2/27/17

Ronnie

:Congrats: on the conversion Ronnie.

Now it's time to have fun and rack up some trike miles.

EnjoyThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png