When putting the TRIKE away for the season......

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Sep 2, 2016
Springfield, Mass. USA
Do you lift (and keep) all wheels off cement floor??

Do you change oil ~n~ filter??

Please give me ideas what you all do for the hibernation period to your trikes.

2010 1800 Honda Goldwing w/ a Roadsmith trike

I'm seek'n different ideas, on how everybody stores their motorcycle, for the long winter

Ronnie

11/8/23

I'm hoping to wash it, plug in the battery tender, I do my oil change & maintenance in the spring before we go to Daytona, I would rather have new oil then than put oil in it now have it set all winter with temps going from 20-60 degrees in the barn. Hope we have very little snow and keep riding if we don't have salt on the roads and its 32 degrees I still ride. Went out yesterday about 250-mile ride, 55-60 degrees, so windy, got rained on 3 times so many stupid drivers on the road, Butt It was a good ride.

I'm hoping to wash it, plug in the battery tender, I do my oil change & maintenance in the spring before we go to Daytona, I would rather have new oil then than put oil in it now have it set all winter with temps going from 20-60 degrees in the barn. Hope we have very little snow and keep riding if we don't have salt on the roads and its 32 degrees I still ride. Went out yesterday about 250-mile ride, 55-60 degrees, so windy, got rained on 3 times so many stupid drivers on the road, Butt It was a good ride.

I pretty much do the same. Wash, and plug the tender in. I do cover the bike.

Ronnie I clean and wax her make sure all tires are at proper pressure and then change the oil and filter and then I plug the Tender back on.Usually starting in October I keep the tank dosed with Seafoam because you never know the weather around here.

Because my garage is not attached and unheated she sits on Harbor freight cushioned interlocking mats to insulate her from the concrete floor. I found sometimes when the winter weather got warmer the 1st year I owned her and I didnt have the mats she would sweat underneath and drip on the floor. She also gets covered with a trike cover. And she has her sister a Kawasaki Concours to keep her company all winter.

alcohol free fuel in both tanks on mine. Also after adding Seafoam to both tanks turn aux pump on for a few seconds so not to leave alky fuel sitting in the pump all winter.

as far a battery I go out the 1st day of the month and plug battery tender in and leave it over night. Last battery in my Goldwing lasted 10 years and tested good when it came out. Yuasa Battery in my bikes only.

11/22/23

TRIKES away in garage for her winter hibernation period

Oil & filter replaced

Spark plugs replaced

Wash & wax'd

Radiator fluid replaced

Battery maintainer connected to battery

Gas stabilizer added to fuel (tank topped off) seafoam & fuel stable added

Trike up on jacks ALL wheels off cement floor

Covered over with a breathable blanket

She's all nice and comfy, I'll come back April 1st and wake her up, with keys in hand, ready to ride her again

Time now to grab my snow skies and head for the mountains

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png