Where to put front wheel? In center of lane, little left? Little right?

I put my front wheel a little to the left of center. Usually running the left read in the cage ruts unless it's been raining. After hydroplaning twice and having to have the seat material removed from my posterior crevice I moved far to the right getting both rear tires out of the ruts and the accumulated rain water.

As far as trucks passing me. Living in West Texas, cattle country, we transport a lot of your prime cuts of beef on 4 legs down our 2 lane and 4 lane highways. AND surprisingly this transportation puts a lot of stress on the bovine causing a liquefaction of their previous days meals. You should take extra care when passing the trucks or being passed by these trucks making sure you get to the furthest opposite side of the road or you'll end up in the wash bay of a truck stop. Have on occasion pulled in, raised my arms and said "hit me"......once the laughter subsided they did a dang good job getting all the green bovine exhaust fluids off me and my bike.

8~\o

I put my front wheel a little to the left of center. Usually running the left read in the cage ruts unless it's been raining. After hydroplaning twice and having to have the seat material removed from my posterior crevice I moved far to the right getting both rear tires out of the ruts and the accumulated rain water.

As far as trucks passing me. Living in West Texas, cattle country, we transport a lot of your prime cuts of beef on 4 legs down our 2 lane and 4 lane highways. AND surprisingly this transportation puts a lot of stress on the bovine causing a liquefaction of their previous days meals. You should take extra care when passing the trucks or being passed by these trucks making sure you get to the furthest opposite side of the road or you'll end up in the wash bay of a truck stop. Have on occasion pulled in, raised my arms and said "hit me"......once the laughter subsided they did a dang good job getting all the green bovine exhaust fluids off me and my bike.

8~\o

In that case I consider anything less that 5 or 6 truck lengths tailgating. If someone wants to get between me and the cattle truck I just consider them a shield.

This is ABSOLUTE truth! Got stuck behind one of these guys - thankfully I was in my car - couldn’t pull over (no shoulder - just ditch), couldn’t go around, and other cars on my tail.... I did slow down to get some distance between us and that REALLY made the traffic mad behind me. My poor car had a green cast to it by the time I got out of that mess!

I think most of us in cattle country learned a long time ago to stay clear of any cattle trailer, large or small. If it isn't a green mess it's the golden shower.

Where would your front wheel be on a Two Wheeler ? That's where my Left rear wheel is. Remember You own the whole lane. Use it.

As Im in the land of 89% of the people don't belong on the roads anymore. I ride 110% defensively.

Left of center left lane on most roads. Except when it has a high curb. I want to always have an out. A way to get away from the assklownz on the roads here.

If its a 2 lane road as in a state road without a ton of turning on lanes to my right and all grass area. Then I will ride in the right lane, right of center using the rightside as a possible escape if needed.

Sad way to have to ride always defensively. But I like living.

My wife just tries to split all the potholes and other hazards on the roads so doesn't pay much attention to the crown. That is when she rides alone. Most of the time she follows me to the right. So my escape route is to split lanes and hers is off the right shoulder. We both use the full lane if needed. With the poor roads we have now there really isn't a good spot to be, just possibly a better spot.:Shrug:

Be carful left of Center. We sometimes forget the rear wheel can cross the yellow line. Especially in a left hand turn. I ride the gutter. And really on right hand blind corners I am in the gutter.. Here in the north we can have a long right handed corner that you can't see oncoming traffic.

on another note. RHINO2. You think any more about the NETT. Rally .. Check it out. Running out of time to register.

on another note. RHINO2. You think any more about the NETT. Rally .. Check it out. Running out of time to register.

Wife wants nothing to do with , Bikes ,Trikes, ETC...So i can't it make it...:(

Just to give you an idea ,Back in 2013 i bought a new 1200 Sportster, And it sat in our garage right in front of her car all winter [Coved with a sheet] When i went to uncover it in the spring she was watching me, And said ''When did you get a new bike'':Shrug::xzqxz:

I have this way of taking MC written driving tests, read the question, read the answers, then pick the one most likely to get you killed. this one is my favorite, never drive on the grease in emergency braking you will slide on the grease.

I ride on either side depending on which side im going to move soonest, also so I can see around the vehicle in front of me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png