Who has replaced their REAR tires??

I had to replace both rear tires at my expense because the right side spring Broke and the suspension dropped down at 50 mph.
Champion refused to pay for new tires; and it was their product and engineering that allowed the spring on my IRS to break into two pieces.

Just wondering if you consulted a lawyer? Especially with a known defect in their design with the IRS..... Tom :Flag:

Just wondering if you consulted a lawyer? Especially with a known defect in their design with the IRS..... Tom :Flag:

If there was no personal injury you would want a lawyer who does products-liability work. The problem is the result would be only the cost of a couple of tires and no lawyer could afford to take that case unless it were pro bono. :(

It might be beneficial to find a local consumer advocate who could make enough noise to cost the manufacturer some embarrassment and probable loss of sales. They don't want that and might settle with the injured party.

Maybe with all the Champion kits that are owned by Trike Talk members we could call DO,WE.Cheatum and HOW and start a CLASS ACTION SUITE.But we need to first find out how many have had this problem first I guess.

Maybe with all the Champion kits that are owned by Trike Talk members we could call DO,WE.Cheatum and HOW and start a CLASS ACTION SUITE.But we need to first find out how many have had this problem first I guess.

Seems to me that the ethical thing to do would be to pay for collateral damage caused by a failed warranted part. But most of the warranties are written to cover the failed part only - which is usually far less than the collateral damage. :(

My 2010 Gold Wing motor Trike came with the Goodrich TA Rear Tires....They have 15,000+ miles on them now, and no issues of any kind. I've been perfectly happy with, Traction (Wet & Dry), Road Noise, etc. .....unless something changes, I will most likely go back with the same thing when that time comes.....ThumbUp

I have General Altimax RT on my Valkyrie Triwing trike. 21,000 miles, 2/32" tread used, asymmetrical tread patter, no hydroplaning, good handling on the twisties wet or dry, even seemed to be pretty good traction on the snow/ice I got into this fall, but that was VERY slow and VERY brief. I think they were under $100 each.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Draven0914
Back