Whos Faster ? GL1800 or GL1800 Trikes ?

Owning both is a hoot! If I've been riding the trike for a while then get on the two wheeler I feel like I'm on a crotch rocket! I generally don't carve twisties but there are times when on a favorite road and safety allows I might push the 'Wing a little bit just to have some fun but never never come close to approaching my limit or the bike's. I'm at a point in my life where I've slowed down a lot and just like to relax and enjoy the ride with the missus. She does prefer the bike to the trike (the lean doncha know). I am considering selling the trike for another two wheeler of the v-twin variety. As stated in previous posts, I ride my ride.

Just remember the story about the old bull and the young bull. Lots of parallels here.

I must have forgotten that story. lol What is it?

Anyway, I'm new to the Trike. I feel like I need to one of these days get aggressive if for no other reason but to find out what the Trike's limits are for evasive maneuvers.

Kevin (DK Custom)? If you ever start your own Trike ridding training class count me in as a customer. Seems to me learning from one that both "grinds the pegs" with a bike and keeps up with motorcycles with your trike ought to know a thing or two about riding skills!

Reminds me of the saying I heard years ago:

"There are BOLD riders. And there are OLD riders.

But there are few old - bold riders!"

Good example happened to me the other week. A car pulled out in front of me from the right as I was going past a car on my right (4 lanes) that had signaled a right turn into a parking lot.

If I had been hotdogging it, I could have T-boned the car pulling out. But I was able to see them in advance and suspected that they would pull out. They were focusing on the car that was turning into the parking lot - didn't notice me. Ride like you are invisible.

Had my "fun" on two wheels with pucker moments. Getting past that kind of excitement at my age. I ride more relaxed now!

Just remember the story about the old bull and the young bull. Lots of parallels here.

An old bull & a young bull were standing on top of a hill looking at a herd of cows. The young bull says to the old bull "lets run down this hill and have sex with one of them cows". The old bull replies "lets walk down and have sex with them all".

When following, I will stay with those ahead up to a point, then I will let them go on. I stick to "riding my ride" and keeping my co-rider happy.

When I lead, I tend to keep one eye on the pack behind me and communicate with my drag often and try not to lead any into a tight situation or over their comfort zones. If I sense a problem or see a hazard, I try to communicate it somehow .... hand signals / CB / brake lights / etc.

We just let the crotch rocket / Randy Road Racers .... if encountered .... go on by asap (try to make their passes easier) .... to quicker get them out of our hair.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyldesydedavid

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyldesydedavid
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png