Will A Tri Glide Run???

If you use the TTS the first thing you do is save your factory calibration to your computer. Save this calibration if there is a need to put it back in. It will leave no trace that the TTS was used for tuning purposes.

If you use the PCV, you simply and physically remove it from your ride again leaving no trace.

If you use the TTS the first thing you do is save your factory calibration to your computer. Save this calibration if there is a need to put it back in. It will leave no trace that the TTS was used for tuning purposes.

If you use the PCV, you simply and physically remove it from your ride again leaving no trace.

Very good advice.

Ive had my 09 TG up to 92mph still had more to go. Did not want to get pinched going that fast. Can run 80mph all day long in 6th gear. I like to run 65-70mph in fifth.
While going to SD this past summer I ran 80 mph all day long until I ran into some head winds. The trike ran out of breath. Wide open was about 72 mph.

Sounds like the higher elevations when running the bikes are gasping for air causing the bike to not get the higher speeds. In the midwest area I can run the Tri Glide hard all day,runs even better when its cooler outside.

Okie - I just bought a 2011 and have about 750 miles on it. With my wife and me on the bike it ran up to 90 with no problem at all. It is not as strong as my 07 Electraglide with a 110 motor, but then it does weigh about 400 pounds more too. I have dumped the original mufflers and installed Reinharts which did make a difference, but 65!? No way!

On another post some were complaining that the trunk pops open while driving. Mine did too so this weekend I adjusted the latch - it can be adjusted for and aft as well as up and down. Works fine now.

Jim

Okie - I just bought a 2011 and have about 750 miles on it. With my wife and me on the bike it ran up to 90 with no problem at all. It is not as strong as my 07 Electraglide with a 110 motor, but then it does weigh about 400 pounds more too. I have dumped the original mufflers and installed Reinharts which did make a difference, but 65!? No way!

On another post some were complaining that the trunk pops open while driving. Mine did too so this weekend I adjusted the latch - it can be adjusted for and aft as well as up and down. Works fine now.

Jim

Another suggestion would be to keep it locked while traveling.

don't be afraid to run each one of the gears up 3000 or better before shifting and you well find it get to 70 and 80 quicker then you thank 6th for highway cruising 70 and 80 i too got my new tri glide in may and put 5000 miles on already and i can't get enough riding , my wife and i love it, it is a very good machine

Newb Here,
Just bought a 2011 Tri Glide. Mine stock would definitely run good, but not good enough. With only 175 miles on it, put a Revolution 107 CI Kit and Woods Knight Prowler 555 cams in her. 10.5:1 compression. V&H Exhaust and Air Cleaner. PCV with AutoTune. Runs like a striped a** ape now. Gonna get it dyno'ed as soon as I get some more miles on it.

Glad to find this board. Lots of good info.

Thanks,
Jim

Hey Jim, Welcome to TrikeTalk! Good info and great people here. So glad you joined the family!

Newb Here,
Just bought a 2011 Tri Glide. Mine stock would definitely run good, but not good enough. With only 175 miles on it, put a Revolution 107 CI Kit and Woods Knight Prowler 555 cams in her. 10.5:1 compression. V&H Exhaust and Air Cleaner. PCV with AutoTune. Runs like a striped a** ape now. Gonna get it dyno'ed as soon as I get some more miles on it.

Glad to find this board. Lots of good info.

Thanks,
Jim

Good job tricycle. I bet it's a lot cooler running also.

Heat does not seem to be a problem.

I was asked about the warranty by a member. Yes, I knew it was going to void my motor warranty, but that is a risk I was willing to take. I bought from a great dealer who will take care of me on any other warranty issues I have.

Bought 5 new HD's in my life and have yet to have one back for a motor warranty issue. I wanted power and I got it. No downshift to pass or go uphill with me and my wife on it. I weigh in at about 240 and shes about 170, so it is pulling a little weight. Have a trailer as well. Haven't tried hauling it yet, but I'm sure it will work great pulling it as well.

Jim

Sounds like operator error to me, I have been riding a while and have been through the break in procedure with a new Bike/Engine, these things are made to run, The 103" has plenty of Power/Torque, If you are scared of it then sell it. My Bro-N-Law has a 2010 Limited Ultra with the 103" and he has no problems with it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png