Wooden bead seat cover

Sep 25, 2015
Jacksboro
Thought I would share our experience with wooden bead seat cover. We had never tried them before but wanted something different as we are not happy with our seat. I bought 3 sets to try out, one for me, one for her and one to hang down on the passenger backrest to keep her back from getting so wet while riding. After a 4 day ride I have to say we are sold on these things. We would both get the sensation that we were sitting in some water in the early mornings with the cold air that would get under us and our tails stayed dry and cool all day while riding. Also the one hanging down on the passengers backrest kept her back dry all day, she loved that thing, just need to make a smaller one for my backrest now. It also was more comfortable riding all day long as this was the initial goal. We have an ultimate seat and have never cared for it and have tried different cushions and were not happy. We tried the wood beads as a long shot and man were we surprised. I know they will not be for everyone but they work for us, and the beads on the passengers backrest was a home run, we would stop after an hour of riding in the heat and her back was dry as a bone. Just wanted to share in case anyone else was having issues with their seat.

I have had the wood beads for a few yrs now & wouldn't be without them. I also made one for my backrest & my back stays dry. It's difficult to put into words how nice these really are.

I was in California a few years ago riding in 105 degree temps and sitting in a pool of sweat. A friend had the beads that are specifically made for the Motorcycle seat and let me try them while I was there and I loved them, but found them to be small for the seat (and my butt) and very expensive because they were for a motorcycle.... I was at the local NAPA store there and found the beaded car seat cover for $20, so I bought them to see if they would fit. They fit perfectly from the front seat to the back and they really work!! I have them on all my wings and would ride without them.

Go To Walmart and pick up a set. I bought these in 2001 and have used a portion of them on three GL1800s now. My wife does not ride at all now but I still use the front seat portion. I also have the rear seat part for any possible passenger. Doesn't take up much space.. Modifying them takes a couple hours and some clear monofilament fishing line but they work well and sure keep my butt a lot happier!!!! :xszpv::xszpv:

RW9-13-01-1.JPG

I just ordered a couple because of this thread. I have the Air Hawk, but still hoping I can get some more comfort. They are motorcycle beads 2 for $18, not bad. Thanks for the thread.

Update: I tried them for an hour and they had to go. These are really not made for my butt. I have no padding back there and my tail bone just not fit for these beads.

Last edited:
I just ordered a couple because of this thread. I have the Air Hawk, but still hoping I can get some more comfort. They are motorcycle beads 2 for $18, not bad. Thanks for the thread.

We use the Airhawk over the beads in summer and in winter just use the Airhawk so the cool air doesn't get through as much. We find the beads are comfortable either with or without the Airhawk - it provides a little cush for the tush. In winter with just the Airhawk we can feel the heated seat - nice..... Let us know how you like the beads.

Got 2 from Amazon, $19. One is for the wife. Have to try one out this weekend.

I was well pleased with mine and was amazed that the wife liked it since she doesn't like change. Good luck and I hope it works out for you. ThumbUp

Try Beadrider.com. A little more expensive but great quality. I have their wood beads but they sell a ceramic bead. The wood ones have been going 7 years now and they look great.
On long rides (like Iron Butt) I put a cushion strapped under the beads and it works perfectly.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png