Anyone Know what happened to J&P Cycles

Fearless

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2013
Clarion PA USA
:gah:I'm not one to complain just curious what happened to J&P Cycles the organization has had the wheels either fall off! or they have been stolen! it's sad. ride safely fearless

Just ordered a Avon Trike Tire with no problems. Delivery tomorrow Thought that was pretty good, since I only ordered it Saturday.

Nuc

I ordered a few things during the winter months (no rush on my end). I got them fairly soon but from 2 different shipping points. I ordered another item on 5-11 and it arrived today. I thought that was pretty good. I did see a letter from them somewhere, where they said the new ownership changes did NOT go as smoothly as they had hoped for and a lot of orders got backed up.

All companies have the best service in-till they disappoint a customer, Then their dead to that customer....
I haven't done business with J&P in 3 years........:mad:

I have done business with J & P for years and always had good service....until a couple of months ago. I have a friend from my High Schools days (a long time ago) that retired from J & P about 18 months ago. She said when the son took over the business it started going downhill. They also relocated part of their warehouse to Texas recently and they don't seem to have recovered from that yet. I had an order for three items about 2 months ago. They all came in separate shipments from different locations over a three week period even though they all showed to be in stock at time of order. I went on line twice to check status of the last item and tried to do the "Live Chat" process but after waiting several minutes for someone to come on line I gave up and disconnected. I then sent 2 e-mails to customer service and never received a response. After the last item was delivered I received a survey from a service company that J & P uses asking how my order was handled. After I gave them a bad rating I finally received a form letter response from J & P.

I hope they get their act together because I would like to keep doing business with them. Time will tell.

Sunman

i heard they closed the Iowa store and relocated it to Tenn. i think. a friend ordered a new seat from them april 2 and recieved the front but not the rear. the front was damaged and sent it back, recieved a new front and it was damaged also, sent it back. never did get the rear pillon. he gave up and caneled his order. j&p prices have always been high in my opinion and their shipping costs are always higher, that's why i don't order from them. i think they moved the warehouse so they could shitcan everyone and hire new people in Tenn. for alot less in wages. to many other good companies to order stuff from to deal with them.

I can't even guess how much I have bought from J&P over the years through my shop and have never had a problem, but if they are in transition with new warehouses, issues are bound to happen. They are a good (and huge) company and I imagine they will get it straightened out as the transition is completed.

J&P Cycles Transition

J&P Cycles recent issues are a result of the relocation of our distribution center to Louisville, Kentucky. In addition, our order management systems were switched to improve everything from customer ordering, receiving inventory, and order processing and shipping. Those changes along with a large increase in orders earlier than expected created a backlog in receiving and shipping and more customer service requests than we could handle.

J&P Cycles has not changed ownership recently but have simply relocated our corporate offices. The retail center in Anamosa, Iowa is still opened and will remain open for the foreseeable future and is the location for our annual Open House Rally on June 25 & 26.

J&P Cycles is working very hard to resolve all issues and have been since early March. Our shipping times are back to 1-2 days for most orders. We try to be as transparent as possible and by no means want to list excuses but explain the issues and the constant work to resolve them.

We continue to appreciate our loyal customer family.

:gah:I'm not one to complain just curious what happened to J&P Cycles the organization has had the wheels either fall off! or they have been stolen! it's sad. ride safely fearless

I'm glad you (JP) came in on this. I just got an order from you for my shovel. No problems.Thought something happened and I was going to be out of shovelhead parts. Ya'll are good people.

J&P Cycles recent issues are a result of the relocation of our distribution center to Louisville, Kentucky. In addition, our order management systems were switched to improve everything from customer ordering, receiving inventory, and order processing and shipping. Those changes along with a large increase in orders earlier than expected created a backlog in receiving and shipping and more customer service requests than we could handle.

J&P Cycles has not changed ownership recently but have simply relocated our corporate offices. The retail center in Anamosa, Iowa is still opened and will remain open for the foreseeable future and is the location for our annual Open House Rally on June 25 & 26.

J&P Cycles is working very hard to resolve all issues and have been since early March. Our shipping times are back to 1-2 days for most orders. We try to be as transparent as possible and by no means want to list excuses but explain the issues and the constant work to resolve them.

Welcome aboard the forum. Thank you for the clarification for the members.

Glad to hear this as I just ordered an Avon Trike Tire tonight from ya....hopefully, it's in stock and will ship quickly. Thanks in advance.
LJ

Avon Cobra trike tire showed up last night....just 4 days after ordering it.
Not bad, J&P Cycles...not bad at all. That was pretty darn quick delivery.
BTW, nice lookin' tire too. Should have it mounted and balanced tomorrow if I can get a few extra minutes in my shop to do so.

Odered again from J&P Cycles

I really like the past ordering experiences with J&P, submitted by phone another order. I was told item was in stock we shall see. Placed order on 24TH :Shrug: ride safely fearless

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png