Best Battery for a Harley Triglide?

I haven't seen it in two years or so, I don't remember. The CCA rating and Ampere Hour rating is one hell of a lot better than that damn Harley battery ever was. The Harley battery NEVER cranked the bike like this one does. The proof is in the pudding.

That sounds like their TX30LA battery AGM. Made for them under the original DEKA #EXT30LA. DEKA makes the same battery for many private names. They also make the Harley batteries, but to their specs.

You can buy the same battery from them direct at Federal Batteries for around $119, but locally I only find it from about $128-$138. The original warranty is 1yr limited, but some places only offer a 6mo or even as low as 90day.

NAPA is 1yr. Better to buy at a local to you store anyway.

Good to hear you are having good luck with yours.

Ride Safe !

That sounds like their TX30LA battery AGM. Made for them under the original DEKA #EXT30LA. DEKA makes the same battery for many private names. They also make the Harley batteries, but to their specs.

You can buy the same battery from them direct at Federal Batteries for around $119, but locally I only find it from about $128-$138. The original warranty is 1yr limited, but some places only offer a 6mo or even as low as 90day.

NAPA is 1yr. Better to buy at a local to you store anyway.

Good to hear you are having good luck with yours.

Ride Safe !

Thanks, thanks the same to you. I was in Myrtle Beach when my HD battery went bad. Had to do something on the spot so was fine with the $135, no time to shop around, just glad to find one.

I need a new batt for my '11 TG and was thinking of getting a lit-ion type batt. I have read the comments on this thread and was hoping to get some updated comments from anyone using a lit-ion, brand, good & bad, and any other suggestions before I spend my $$$$. <br />
All the members of TT are full of good info, so any comments on batteries would be great. Thanks

I need a new batt for my '11 TG and was thinking of getting a lit-ion type batt. I have read the comments on this thread and was hoping to get some updated comments from anyone using a lit-ion, brand, good & bad, and any other suggestions before I spend my $$$$.

All the members of TT are full of good info, so any comments on batteries would be great. Thanks

Just got one for my 11Tri-Glide a few weeks ago... Big Crank ETX30L [not a lit-ion]

From Battery Mart - Though Amazon sent right to my door in a day and half 99.95$

''Total'' No tax or shipping chargers..

Ditto on Battery Mart. Penn Manufacturing makes all batteries for everything in the world. It is the largest battery manufacturing plant in the world. The Big Crank ETX30L Battery is $109.95 but I think they are offering a 12% discount. Just got mine last week for my 09 TriGlide for $97 to the door with free shipping. It is the exact same battery as the ones sold in the Harley Dealership.....Absorbed Glass Mat has these mats that bond to the cells inside. Especially for Motorcycles. Also, an AGM battery only loses 1 to 3% of its charge monthly. I don't know about the other ones.

Diesel

Ditto on the Decka! For only $99 and free shipping it is the exact same battery as Harley. They make all Harley batteries at the plant in Philly. Battery Mart..........

Diesel

Just to let you know Diesel, there is a Battery Wholesale store in Monroe, Mi. in town that sells Decca batteries and others at a good price.

Ditto on Battery Mart. Penn Manufacturing makes all batteries for everything in the world. It is the largest battery manufacturing plant in the world. The Big Crank ETX30L Battery is $109.95 but I think they are offering a 12% discount. Just got mine last week for my 09 TriGlide for $97 to the door with free shipping. It is the exact same battery as the ones sold in the Harley Dealership.....Absorbed Glass Mat has these mats that bond to the cells inside. Especially for Motorcycles. Also, an AGM battery only loses 1 to 3% of its charge monthly. I don't know about the other ones.

Diesel

If it is the "exact same battery as the ones sold in the Harley Dealership" it is JUNK!

My $135 Advanced Auto battery cranks my trike better than my $186 HD ever did. Difference is like night and day. It is two years old now and still cranks better than the HD did when it was new.

If it is the "exact same battery as the ones sold in the Harley Dealership" it is JUNK! My $135 Advanced Auto battery cranks my trike better than my $186 HD ever did. Difference is like night and day. It is two years old now and still cranks better than the HD did when it was new.

FWIW, that junk cranks the 120" engine over in my 06 Ultra, its been doing so for about 3 years now. I also put one in my dads 09 Triglide and it does just fine, the original Harley battery was replaced after 5 years of service. It was still cranking his Triglide just like the day he bought it, replaced it just because we felt it was time.

I need a new batt for my '11 TG and was thinking of getting a lit-ion type batt. I have read the comments on this thread and was hoping to get some updated comments from anyone using a lit-ion, brand, good & bad, and any other suggestions before I spend my $$$$.

As a point of interest, I purchased an Anti-Gravity Lithium battery (20 cell w/600 cca) for my 120r crate motor in my 2013 Trike for $380. It worked fine for cranking but the Lithium batteries do not like small parasitic drainage (i.e. security system) and one day it went dead while I was in a coffee shop and I had to trailer it home and immediately purchased a new HD battery. Everything has been fine since!! I removed the Lithium battery from the bike and placed it on my charger (special charger for Lithium Batteries) and it has held the same charge (on by bench in garage) for about 6 - 7 months. So be careful about going to a Lithium battery unless the manufactured can guarantee that a small parasitic drain will not be harmful.

I may install the Lithium in my V-Rod, which does not have a security system, to save the weight!!

Roger

Thanks for the new info, I think I may go with a Big Crank Battery if I can find how to get that 12% discount OR I may go with an Odyssey Battery like I had in my Springer. I think I will wait on a Lit-ion batt until they have been out longer and get lower in price, I have no doubt that it will be the best batt in the future, but just not in my budget right now.ThumbUp:wave4:

Thanks for the new info, I think I may go with a Big Crank Battery if I can find how to get that 12% discount OR I may go with an Odyssey Battery like I had in my Springer. I think I will wait on a Lit-ion batt until they have been out longer and get lower in price, I have no doubt that it will be the best batt in the future, but just not in my budget right now.ThumbUp:wave4:

Batterymart sent me an e mail today giving 10% discount with the code: MRBA the offer expires the 20th of this month.

FWIW, that junk cranks the 120" engine over in my 06 Ultra, its been doing so for about 3 years now. I also put one in my dads 09 Triglide and it does just fine, the original Harley battery was replaced after 5 years of service. It was still cranking his Triglide just like the day he bought it, replaced it just because we felt it was time.

I'm glad you had better luck with your junk, myself and two buddies had the experience I previously stated.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by WindyOne

Batterymart sent me an e mail today giving 10% discount with the code: MRBA the offer expires the 20th of this month.

Thanks, I give that a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

ordered my battery today, everything went great and thanks to you & your code, I got the discount.:pepper:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!:D:clapping:ThumbUp:wave4:

I am also a fan of DEKKA since I live 30 minutes away from them. I buy at the company store and they double the warranty time. Luckily I've always made it well past the double warranty time .... but nice to have. Yes, I always use a battery tender on all my rides.

Bob :Dorag:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by WindyOne

ordered my battery today, everything went great and thanks to you & your code, I got the discount.:pepper:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!:D:clapping:ThumbUp:wave4:

Glad it all worked out for you.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png