Best Battery for a Harley Triglide?

I bought an HD battery and it died in about 15 months (6 month warranty) Paid $186 3 years ago. Bought one from Advanced Auto and still have it. It cranks a lot better than the HD ever did. My opinion is the HD battery sux, I will stay with Advanced Auto.

Better cables that flow more amperage can make a huge difference. All Balls cables come mind

There is no doubt HD uses the smallest cables possible. Larger, quality cables will make a positive difference with any battery used.

We have been selling a High Quality Lithium battery for a while now. It will crank over the Tri-Glide faster that the HD or equivalent battery.

However, it only has 18 amp hour capacity, so if reverse is used a lot, or other electronics used a lot while the bike is not running, this is not the battery for that application. Otherwise, it is a great battery.

Because it is so much smaller, many use it to gain some extra space. They are pricey though.

More Info HERE.

Kevin

Got my battery in a few weeks ago. The Big Crank ETX30L is an exact fit. Actually appears to be a better built battery than the OEM. Hardest part of the who new battery change is getting the ECM and the plastic cover off of the trike. Anyhow, will be nice to see how many years I get on this one. 5 years on the last one, it wasn't dead, but was heading there.

DAMN that is an awesome price! Just ordered one for my 2009 TG. I still have the OEM in it, but it was starting to struggle last year. So a new one was in order anyway. Thanks for posting that MSOCKO3!

Don't even know brand but broke down on a Sunday on road, batt. shot, called NAPA 15 miles away and they DELIVERED a new batt. price was $95.00 no delivery charge. Driver said not allowed to leave until car/veh was running. Battery is a well known brand but that NAPA offers this is to be noted. I have very hi compression engine 05 Ultra/lehmann and so put compression releases on which really makes starting easier.

Also "Keystone" also BK, Fla.

Chapter XVIII.

Ride with Pride

i've had a shorai lithium battery in my '09 t/g for a couple of years with no problems
LF36LA3-BS12 36 AH 540 cca
WEIGHts 5 lbs. they give you rubber padding sheets to fill the battery box. its the only battery with that cold cranking power. they recomend you buy their battery charger because it charges only the cell thats low. but if you ride the bike every week or so you don't need to put it on the charger.

go to batterystuff.com free shipping

and because it likes cold weather you can store it in the refrigerator in the winter, but i just leave it installed in the bike.
i really like it. lb

HD battery sux, but it's expensive so that makes up for it! I have one that I got from Advanced Auto, it starts the trike better when in gear than the HD did in neutral.

I never try to see how long a battery will last. I've had that bear come around and bite me too many times. I just buy a new big crank battery from Battery Mart once a year and I have no problems.

I live approx. 10 miles from the Deka factory in Lyons, Pa. They have a retail store selling seconds/blems that save you even more money. Seconds/blems pertain only to battery case, not internal specs. Been buying batteries for all my vehicles for close to 30 years at their store with no problems. dan

Have had good luck with the HD OEM batteries. I'd buy the Deka in a heartbeat but I never seem to know when one is going to crap out and I can go to the dealer and get a battery most anywhere. The HD battery is pricey but the convenience is not bad either. I don't mind spending an extra dollar if things are convenient.

Have had good luck with the HD OEM batteries. I'd buy the Deka in a heartbeat but I never seem to know when one is going to crap out and I can go to the dealer and get a battery most anywhere. The HD battery is pricey but the convenience is not bad either. I don't mind spending an extra dollar if things are convenient.

I bought a new Harley battery and it was the worse battery I have ever owned. Got one at Advanced Auto and it starts the trike better than the Darley one ever did. You can find a battery for your Harley at almost any auto parts place, a lot more of them around than HD dealers.

I bought a new Harley battery and it was the worse battery I have ever owned. Got one at Advanced Auto and it starts the trike better than the Darley one ever did. You can find a battery for your Harley at almost any auto parts place, a lot more of them around than HD dealers.

Ditto on the Decka! For only $99 and free shipping it is the exact same battery as Harley. They make all Harley batteries at the plant in Philly. Battery Mart..........

Diesel

Ditto on the Decka! For only $99 and free shipping it is the exact same battery as Harley. They make all Harley batteries at the plant in Philly. Battery Mart..........

Diesel

Read my post. If it is the exact same battery as Harley then it's not worth a damn. I paid like $135 two years ago for one at Advanced Auto and it is like night and day better than the $186 Harley battery I had.

Read my post. If it is the exact same battery as Harley then it's not worth a damn. I paid like $135 two years ago for one at Advanced Auto and it is like night and day better than the $186 Harley battery I had.

Is the one you get at Advanced Auto lead acid, gel, or glass mat? What is the CCA rating? What is the Ampere Hour rating?

Is the one you get at Advanced Auto lead acid, gel, or glass mat? What is the CCA rating? What is the Ampere Hour rating?

I haven't seen it in two years or so, I don't remember. The CCA rating and Ampere Hour rating is one hell of a lot better than that damn Harley battery ever was. The Harley battery NEVER cranked the bike like this one does. The proof is in the pudding.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png