Coast to coast ride

I rode from Key largo Florida along with my wife she in her Stallion to first the Ozarks, Yosemite National Park them to Portland to San Diego then back to Key Largo 10,500 miles we took 5 weeks had a great time. Remember the desert is hot so ride in the morning. I rode a TRI Glide

I rode from Key largo Florida along with my wife she in her Stallion to first the Ozarks, Yosemite National Park them to Portland to San Diego then back to Key Largo 10,500 miles we took 5 weeks had a great time. Remember the desert is hot so ride in the morning. I rode a TRI Glide

Awesome thanks for the feedback. Did you do some camping or stay in hotels (or both)? How many miles did you travel on one day? That's some serious miles overall. Just thinking about it makes me want to just jump on the trike an go.

Awesome thanks for the feedback. Did you do some camping or stay in hotels (or both)? How many miles did you travel on one day? That's some serious miles overall. Just thinking about it makes me want to just jump on the trike an go.

Hi Motels no camping. And we ride by hours not miles 8 hours or less. Enjoy

Jarhead1775,

I have done coast to coast at least 10 times on two wheels. Next summer (2025) I will do another coast-to-coast from NJ to CA to visit Yosemite NP, this time on 3-wheels (2018 Honda GoldWing Tour Air Bag model with 2023 CSC Trike kit). I have done coast to coast on I-40 to I-5; I-80; I-95 to I-10; I-70 to I-15; I-90, US-2 all the way across the country; US-50 (The Loneliest Road in America) from Sacramento CA to Ocean City, MD; and from Chicago to Santa Monica on what was left of US-66 (The Mother Road) 3 different times.

If you are short on time, use the Interstates. If its all about "getting there" get off the interstates and enjoy the scenery. We found the Geographical Center of the United States on US-36 in Lebanon, Kansas; the Geographical Center of North America on US-2 in Rugby, ND; and the Geographical Center of the Northwestern Hemisphere in Athens, Wisconsin

We have ridden North to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska; South to the Gulf of Mexico and Key West; West to the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Alaska; and East to the Gaspe Peninsula and Pearce Rock in Quebec, the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.

In 2017 we rode from NJ to Alaska and back taking the Alaska Highway. and rode north on the Dalton Highway (of Ice Roads Trucker fame) from Fairbanks, Alaska to Prudhoe Bay and the Arctic Ocean, twice crossing the arctic circle on two wheels. On the Road 51 days!

And at approaching 72 years old in a few months, I intend to continue my journeys on three-wheels for as long as I can.

Absolutely no reason why you can't do this on your Harley Trike if you have the time and the financial means. If Going Coast-to-Coast is something you want to do and is high on your "Bucket List," DO IT! Don't wait until time passes you by and you have regrets. There are no do-overs!

I've (wife ~n~ I) toured Alaska on a rented Harley............ (BUT WE CHEATED/A BIT) We flew to Alaska, and rented a Harley, and tour'd for the week, and put on as many miles as we could, visiting as many places as possible, (the best part of this trip was, when we were very tired/all we had to do is to hand back the keys to the rental company) and fly back home, in comfort, and the best part of it, was, there in my garage, was my Goldwing, with zero added miles on it, nice and clean just waiting for me to take her for another ride around the block.

That's the best way to do it............NO wear ~n~ tear on your own bike........(as well as NO wear ~n~ tear on your body)

Ronnie

4/14/24

Was wondering, has anyone with a Freewheeler, Triglide or RG3 ever rode it coast to coast and back. If so, what was your experience like? Really got the itch to do it. Kind of a bucket list idea. Hate to do it solo but have to one way or another.

We have crossed the country and back on 2 wheelers and on Tri Glides. Done it better than a half dozen times on the Tri Glide.

I know that itch, and it is a fun one to scratch. :D

Take your time, enjoy the sights. We have had a blast everytime, hoping you do as well.

Here is a link to quite a few of our trips, with lots of photos- https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/acl/dk-custom-ride-reports.htm

Here is a LINK to our ride on the Tri Glide up to the Arctic Circle and back. To date this is our most memorable trip!

Kevin

our longest ride on the 100th anniv Ultra/// started at the Outer Banks 7 rode as close as we could the edge (perimeter) of the U.S. Hit the 4 Corners. over 15,000 miles & 53 days.. 105,000 miles on that bike. Now several trips on Tri to Az,Utah,Montana,Texas & SD.

All total we have ridden 48 states & 7 countries in Europe

I don't think it matters what kind of bike you're riding, as long as it's comfortable . Glad to see we have some long distance riders here, I caught that bug back in the mid 90's. Been to AK 6 different times, Dead Horse, across Canada on the 16, fair amount of Mexico, Copper canyon, once to Bike week in Mazatlan, took the ferry to LaPaz, then back to the states. A fun loop. All over Baja, The 3-Flags Classic 11 times, also signed up for this year. My favorite coast to coast ride was an Iron Butt event called the 50CC. It's done in 50 hours or less. This particular ride was a group ride organized by the Motorcycle Tourers Form. We had around 30 riders sign up. Started in Jacksonville and ended in Ocean Beach. All on the I-10. Everyone did their own thing, just started and finished at the same time. Myself and my 2 riding partners did it in 41 hours. You collect sand and ocean water at each end. The finishers received a nice plaque holding the 2 oceans. This was back in 2004. We goofed off on the way there, then blasted home. The one picture are us collecting our container of water and sand.

Alaska 111.jpg IMG_4695.jpg IMG15.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png